1. Introduction – How to manage your Auchan stock feed on Lengow
This guide explains how to configure and manage your Auchan feed. Before starting to set the parameters for your feed, please note the following recommendations.
Here are the steps you need to follow to advertise your products and to retrieve your Auchan orders:
- Contact Auchan (Guillaume Conrate / email@example.com) to know if you are eligible to sell your products on their website.
- Ask Auchan for the creation of your online shop on Mirakl (this is essential if your products are to be advertised).
- Ask for Auchan feed creation in Lengow.
- Separate out the products that you don’t want to advertise or that don’t belong in your chosen Auchan category.
- Complete the "Field Matching" in order to match your source feed fields with the existing Auchan fields.
- Change the values of your feed source by using Automatic Rules and/or Search-Replace to adapt them to Auchan’s expectations.
- Organise your categories so that they correspond with the Auchan categories.
- Set up the options for tracking your stock (indexing frequency, alerts etc.).
- Send your category mapping to Auchan
- Fill in your API username and password to launch the distribution of your products.
- Manage your orders.
All these actions are detailed below.
2. Auchan categories
2.1 In which categories do your products belong?
Auchan works by categories. Each category has its own structure and corresponds to a precise type of product. For example, it is impossible to sell sofas in the "Electroménager" (household appliances) category.
To find out which category is most suitable for your products, contact your Auchan account manager (this is often defined when you sign your contract with Auchan).
Once you have this information, ask for the corresponding feeds in Lengow.
2.2 Open your Auchan data feeds in Lengow
Each Auchan category requires the creation of a new feed in Lengow.
Search for the title "Auchan" so that you can see all the available categories.
Or, look in the "Marketplaces" section, "French" flag in and then select the Auchan feed(s) you need.
In Lengow, you will have the same number of feeds as Auchan categories needed for the distribution of your products. Each Auchan feed is independent of the others and, even though there are similarities, each one needs to be set up separately.
Now let’s see how to set up one of them.
3. Set up your Auchan feed
Auchan asks merchants to use specific attributes in order to reference the products on their marketplace. You therefore need to adapt attribute values from your source feed in Lengow.
3.1 Creating a feed segmentation
Before starting to change your attributes, first you need to filter your products so that you don’t send to Auchan:
- The products that you do not wish to sell in this marketplace.
- The products in your feed that don’t match the type of products normally found in the Auchan category.
3.2 Match the fields
Auchan requires a particular feed structure depending on the category chosen.
In order to proceed with the field matching, you need to go to the page "Feed Management" then "Field matching":
Check the field matching and complete any missing information. Read the field definitions carefully and there you will find:
- The field name.
- The field definition.
- An example, if there is one.
- Whether the field is required or optional. A "required" field needs an attribute to be input so that the product can be created or updated.
- Whether it is a free text field or whether specific attributes are required. If specific attributes are required, you will see the following message: "Des valeurs sont imposées pour ce champ (liste disponible dans notre guide diffuseur)" (= "Attributes are required in this field (list available in our distributors guide)"). You will find here a file for each category. If you are using a field that requires valid attributes, it is compulsory to change the attributes in your source feed. If these attributes are not in your source feed, you must change them using search/replace or automatic rules. (See here how to read this file)
- If the field is used to create your products (Product data: this is then shown as "Champ du flux produit") or to update them (Special offer information: this is not shown as "Champ du flux produit").
3.3 Set up product variations
Auchan accepts size and/or color product variations.
To manage your variations, fill in the following fields :
- "parentssku" : This field must contain your parent identifiers (a common identifier for all the variations of a product). This data is obligatory if the product has variations. (This field must be empty if your product does not have variations).
- "declinable" : This field must contain the value "1" for parent products and the value "0" for child or simple products (product without variations). This data is mandatory for all products.
- "colour" : This field must contain the color of your products. Colour values are defined by Auchan. This data is mandatory if the product is varied by color.
- "size" : This field must contain the size of your products. Size values are defined by Auchan. This data is mandatory if the product is varied by size.
3.4 Enter attribute values for your products
The majority of attributes are optional but it is recommended to fill in a maximum of attributes so that your product sheets can be the most complete possible and then more attractive.
The attribute values can be free (free text) or defined by Auchan. If specific values are required, you will see the following message "Des valeurs sont imposées pour ce champ (liste disponible dans notre guide diffuseur)" in the field definition in the "Field Matching" tab. In that case, refer to the lists of valid attributes to know the values accepted by Auchan for each attribute (See here how to read this file).
NOTE : A "Variations" tab is available in "Feed Management". This "Variations" tab is aimed to help you fill in the attributes "colour", "size" and "brand". To complete your products' attribute values, proceed as follows:
In "Feed Management" > "Field Matching", match the fields "colour", "size" and "brand" with the corresponding fields from your source feed .
Then, in "Feed Management" > "Variations", carry out the correspondence between the values contained in your source feed and those accepted by Auchan.
Here is the correspondence between the tab "Field Matching" and the tab "Variations". The values that you map in the tab "Variations" will move back up into different fields of your optimised feed, as below:
- Field "colour": tab "Auchan Colors" (mandatory attribute if the product has color variations)
- Field "size": tab "Auchan Sizes" (mandatory attribute if the product has size variations)
- Field 'brand": tab "Auchan Brands" (optional attribute but higly recommended)
Note : If a brand is missing in the drop-down menu, please contact your Auchan account manager and ask him to create the concerned brand.
3.5 Set up your special offers / sales
To configure your special offers on Auchan, fill in the following fields :
- "price" : this field must contain your strikethrough price
- "discount_price" : this field must contain your promotional price
- "discount_start_date" : this field must contain the start date of the promotion (YYYY-MM-DD format)
- "discount_end_date" : this field must contain the end date of the promotion (YYYY-MM-DD format)
To configure your sales on Auchan, follow our guide.
3.6 Configure your shipping costs
The shipping costs and delivery methods are defined by Auchan. Contact your Auchan account manager to obtain more details on this.
3.6.1 Delivery methods
The choice of delivery methods has to be made from your Mirakl back office. You will have the choice between:
- "Livraison Express à domicile"
- "Livraison économique"
- "Livraison en magasin"
- "Livraison Mondial Relay en magasin Auchan"
- "Livraison en point relais Mondial Relay (hors magasins Auchan)"
3.6.2 Shipping costs
Please note that each product corresponds to a logistics category. The prices are calculated according to:
- the logistics category associated with the product
- the delivery method associated with the product
For the logistics category, several options are possible. You can either:
- Keep the default logistics category attributed by Auchan to your products. In that case, no action on your part is necessary. Contact your Auchan account manager if you want to receive more details on this.
- Modify the default logistics category attributed by Auchan. In this case, follow the following steps:
1 / Add a virtual field "Auchan_logistic_class" by going to in "Feed Management" > "Source feed" tab :
2 / Match this virtual field with the field "logistic_class" in "Feed Management" > "Field matching" tab. Save by clicking on "Save Modifications" at the bottom of the page.
3 / Create one (or more) automatic rules to fill in the virtual field "Auchan_logistic_class" with your chosen value (ask Auchan to provide you with details on the logistics classes available). You will find below some examples of automatic rules you could create :
Example 1 : Automatic rule with a condition on the field "Identifiant_unique"
Example 2 : Automatic rule with a condition on the field "Catégorie"
- Set up free shipping costs for your products. In that case, follow the process explained above and create an automatic rule in which you will indicate THEN "Auchan_logistic_class" becomes 00. Shipping costs are set to 0€ for all delivery methods of this logistics class Cat 00.
3.7 Category mapping
In order to categorise your products on Auchan, use the Auchan taxonomy so that your categories match those of the Auchan marketplace. To carry out this mapping, go to the tab "Product Management":
- Open the Auchan taxonomy
- Search for your category in the taxonomy (press "Ctrl+F" to search for your desired key word)
- Click on the corresponding line
- Click on "SAVE"
Don’t forget to click on "SAVE" once you have carried out this operation.
3.8 The options tab
In the "Options" tab of your Auchan feed, check the various points and modify them if needed. For more details about this tab, consult our tutorial "Options tab".
3.9 Check the attributes in your optimised feed
To check the data sent to Auchan, consult the optimised feed. All the updates you make in Lengow are visible IMMEDIATELY (automatic rules, search/replace, matching etc.) in the optimised feed.
Comment: Check your optimised feed as often as possible to make sure that your parameters have been correctly applied to your new products.
4. Integration of your catalogue on the Auchan site
If the data in your optimised feed is adequate and complies with the Auchan requirements, you can send your products to Auchan. To do this, you must:
- Check that there are no rules in your backoffice Mirakl Auchan
- Send to Auchan a mapping between your categories and those from Auchan
- Enter the API username and password in Lengow
- Consult the integration report
Just to remind you, your Auchan vendor shop must be created in order to advertise your products on Auchan. Contact your Auchan account manager if you need help on this.
4.1 Mirakl configuration assistant
If you have created rules with the help of the configuration assistant in your Mirakl Auchan interface, your special offers and products feeds may be blocked and they might not be sent. To avoid this problem, no rules must be present in your Mirakl Auchan.
If all of your products are set up via Lengow, delete them (in case of doubt, contact your Auchan account manager)
4.2 Send your category mapping to Auchan
Auchan wants to check the categorization of your products and make sure it is correct before to create a new product catalogue. Once your feed Auchan is configured within Lengow, you will have to send the URL of your category mapping (correspondence between your own categories and those of Auchan) to the following persons : Axelle Reig (firstname.lastname@example.org), Amélie Magdo (email@example.com) adding Sofia Rerhrhaye in copy (firstname.lastname@example.org). This step is mandatory.
The category mapping requested by Auchan is generated by Lengow and will be available in your account. You can retrieve your categorymapping url by going to "Optimized feed" and select the link "CATEGORIES" :
If necessary, carry out the changes requested by Auchan and then ask them to recheck.
Do not perform any action before receiving a confirmation from Auchan. As soon as Auchan has validated the categorization of your products, you can fill in your API identifiers in Lengow.
4.3 Enter the API IDs
You must enter your API IDs in Lengow in order to be able to send your product catalogue to Auchan. To do this, you need to go to "Feed Management" > "API login" tab :
- Mirakl_key : Enter your API key here. To get it, log in to your Auchan Mirakl interface, click on your email address in the upper right ("My account") and then on "API key". If your API key has changed, you also need to change it in your Lengow account. Here is an example of an API key: b36a2665-109a-4135-a0f0-460d70568ca4.
- Mirakl_storeid : Enter your Mirakl reference here. To find it, connect to your Mirakl Auchan interface and click on "Boutique" > "Paramètres" (visible at the top of the page: identifiant: XXXX)
Remember to save by clicking on "APPLY".
4.4 Sending/uploading your product catalogue
Two distinct feeds are sent to Auchan:
- Products feed: it enables the integration and creation of your products. It is sent to Auchan once a day around 3.30 am. If your products are free from errors, they will be created in Auchan and appear online within 48 hours, after the product feeds are sent.
- Offers feed: it enables the update of prices, stock etc. It is sent to Auchan once an hour. When the offers feed is received by Auchan and if your products are free from errors, your datas will be updated almost immediately on Auchan website.
4.5 Products and offers integration reports
Products and offers integration reports allow you to check that your products (products feed) and updates (offers feed) have been correctly integrated into the Auchan site.
These reports only contain the products in your catalogue that have been rejected by Auchan. For each of your products that has an error, Auchan specifies the reason for the rejection.
Note: If all of your products have been correctly integrated and updated, all your products appear without the column "errors".
Note 2: If the integration report is empty, it means it is not available yet.
Integration reports for products and offers are available and could be downloaded :
- Within Lengow in "Feed Management" > "Indexing history" tab > click on the blue link "Report"
- Products feed report : Type = "products_mirakl"
- Offers feed report : Type = "offers_mirakl"
- Within your Auchan Mirakl backoffice. Here is the path to follow to download these reports :
- Offers feed report : "Mon stock" > "Importer des offres par fichier" > "suivi d'import des produits"
- Products feed report : "Mon stock" > "Importer des offres par fichier" > "suivi d'import des offres"
5. Stop advertising a product
5.1 Set a quantity 0
Lengow can only update the products that are present in your source feed.
In order to deactivate, i.e. stop selling, a product that is online on the Auchan site, set the quantity to "0" in Lengow (for example, either by using an Automatic Rule or in the product file).
NOTE : If the product is no longer sent to Auchan, without having set the quantity to "0", the offer will remain visible on Auchan and the latest stock information available to Auchan will be displayed.
By default, Auchan works by updating data rather than by overwriting it.
Lengow has put in place a security system that allows you to keep your products visible "virtually" when they have disappeared from your source feed. They are kept in the category "virtual products", in the "Product Management" tab. However, in order to avoid problems of over selling, make sure to keep the out of stock products in your source feed for 1 to 2 days with the quantity set to 0. This will ensure that the information about the product being unavailable is sent to Auchan.
5.2 Delete an offer
You can delete one or more offer of your Mirakl Auchan back office directly from Lengow. To do this, you must use the field "update_delete" and put the attribute "delete" in this field. This will ensure that the product is removed from Auchan website. Here is how you should proceed :
1 / Create a virtual field "Auchan_update_delete" in "Feed Management" > "Source feed" tab :
2 / Match this field with the field "update_delete" in "Feed Management" > "Field matching" tab. Save by clicking on "Save Modifications" at the bottom of the page.
3 / Create an automatic rule as follow (The example given is for product 12 of the product catalogue. Make sure to change it according to your data and needs):
The "delete" information will be automatically included in the updated feed sent to Auchan. The products will then disappear from your Mirakl backoffice > "suivi des offres".
Note: To delete your entire catalogue, go to "Feed Management" > "Field matching" and enter the value "delete" in the "Personalized Field" column of the "update_delete" field.
Remove any matches in the "Merchant Fields" column of the "update-delete" field, if you had previously set one up.
6. Order management
6.1 Order retrieval times
Lengow retrieves orders made on Auchan website once an hour.
6.2 Order processing
1 / When a new order is placed on Auchan, it appears in Lengow in the "New Order" tab. At this stage, you can either:
Accept the order: it will then appears as waiting for expedition ("Orders waiting for shipment" tab)
Note: It is possible to automate this step by automatically accepting orders. To do this, go to the "Order Management" tab > "Orders automation" tab > tick the box "Auchan" :
Save by clicking on "Save Settings".
When activating this option, you must be certain that you will be able to honour all your orders.
Refuse the order: it will be automatically referred back to Auchan as a cancelled order. This order does not need to be dealt with; the client will be notified by Auchan that his/her command has been cancelled.
2 / When your order appears in the "Orders waiting for shipment" tab, you must prepare the order and send it to the customer. When you are ready to send the order, fill in the carrier’s details and the tracking number of the package and confirm the shipping. The order will then show in the "Orders Sent" tab.
Note: If you are using one of our modules or our web-service to import orders into your e-commerce back office, you can import the order into your back office from the "SHIPPING" status ("Orders waiting for shipment" tab). When you have deal with the order and confirmed the expedition in your back office, the order will appear automatically in the "Orders Sent" tab in Lengow.
3 / Once your order is in the "Orders Sent" tab, we inform Auchan that the order has been sent to the customer. Auchan then informs the customer that the order has been sent.
6.3 Cancellation of an order
To cancel an order after the first acceptance stage, you must contact your Auchan account manager.
6.4 The different order statuses of your Auchan orders
Your Auchan orders appear in a number of different tabs in Lengow during their processing:
- New Orders
- Orders waiting for shipment
- Orders sent
- Orders canceled
In each tab, different statuses can be seen underneath the Auchan order number.
Here is an explanation, by tab, for each possible status. For more details on this subject, please contact your Auchan account manager:
6.4.1 New orders
"STAGING": The customer has completed his/her order and it has arrived on Lengow.
"WAITING_ACCEPTANCE": "waiting for acceptance" status. It’s during this status that you accept or refuse the order.
"WAITING_DEBIT": The payment request for the order is in progress.
"WAITING_DEBIT_PAYMENT": Payment for the order is in progress.
6.4.2 Orders waiting for shipment
"SHIPPING": The order has not yet been dispatched. It is during this status that you confirm the dispatch or the order.
"INCIDENT_OPEN": The customer has opened a dispute; go to your Mirakl Auchan to deal with this.
"INCIDENT_CLOSED": The dispute with the customer has been closed.
"WAITING_REFUND": A refund request is in progress; go to your Mirakl Auchan to deal with this.
"WAITING_REFUND_PAYMENT": The refund for the order is in progress.
6.4.3 Orders sent
"SHIPPED": The order has been sent and is being delivered.
"RECEIVED": The customer has received the order.
"CLOSED": The customer has received the order and has not opened a dispute.
6.4.4 Orders canceled
"CANCELED": The order has been canceled by the merchant or by the customer. "REFUNDED": The order has been refunded.
"REFUSED": The merchant has refused the order.
7. Contact Auchan
- First contact: Guillaume Conrate / email@example.com