1. Introduction – How to manage your Bazaarvoice stock feed on Lengow
Bazaarvoice Conversations allows you to increase your efficiency by using the reviews and feedback of your customers.
This guide explains how to configure and manage your Bazaarvoice feed. Before starting to set the parameters for your feed, please note the following recommendations.
Here are the steps you need to follow to advertise your products and to retrieve your Bazaarvoice orders:
- Create a Bazaarvoice accounts (this is essential if your products are to be advertised)
- Ask Lengow customer support to create the Bazaarvoice feed
- Separate out the products that you don’t want to send
- Complete the "Field Matching" in order to match your source feed fields with the existing Bazaarvoice fields
- Change the values of your feed source by using automatic rules and/or search-replace to adapt them to the publisher’s expectations
- Set up the options for tracking your stock (indexing frequency, alerts etc.)
- Tell your Bazaarvoice account manager that you are ready to go
- Fill in your API username and password to launch the distribution of your products
All these actions are detailed below.
2 Open your Bazaarvoice data feed in Lengow
2.1 Categories specifics
Before asking for a Bazaarvoice feed in Lengow, be sure to have a field for each category level in your source feed (4 levels max are allowed).
If you have a category field that contains all your levels of categories (such as breadcrumb) it would not be possible to set up your Bazaarvoice feed. If you are concerned by this case, please contact our customer support.
2.2 Open your Bazaarvoice data feed
Ask for the creation of a new feed in Lengow.
Search for the title “Bazaarvoice V2”.
Alternatively, look for the European flag in the “Affiliation” section and then choose the Bazaarvoice V2 feed.
3. Set up your Bazaarvoice feed
Bazaarvoice asks merchants to use specific attributes in order to reference the products in their marketplace. You therefore need to duplicate these attributes in your Lengow source feed.
3.1 Creating a feed segmentation
Before starting to change your attributes, first you need to filter your products so that you don’t send to Bazaarvoice:
- The products that you do not wish to send to Bazaarvoice.
3.2 Match the fields
In order to proceed with the field matching, you need to go to the page “Feed Management” then “Field matching”:
Check the field matching and complete any missing information. Read the field definitions carefully.
Values are mandatory for most of the fields, except for the following fields:
Be sure to provide valid EAN codes (8 or 13 characters).
3.3 The options tab
In the “Options” tab of your Bazaarvoice feed, check the various points and modify them if needed. For more details about this tab, consult our tutorial "Options" tab.
3.4 Check the attributes in your updated feed
To check the data sent to the distributer, consult the optimised feed. All the updating that you have done in Lengow will be visible IMMEDIATELY (automatic rules, search/replace, matching etc.).
Comment: Check your updated feed as often as possible to reassure yourself that your parameters have been correctly applied to your new products.
4. Integration of your catalogue on the Bazaarvoice site
If the data in your updated feed is adequate and complies with the Bazaarvoice requirements, you can send your products to Bazaarvoice.
4.1 Contact Bazaarvoice for the integration of your products
To inform Bazaarvoice that you are ready to send them your products, please contact your Bazaarvoice account manager.
Bazaarvoice will give you your login API id.
4.2 Enter the API user name, password and host
You must enter your API user name and password in Lengow in order to be able to send your product catalogue to Bazaarvoice. To do this, you need to go to “Feed Management” and then the “API login” tab:
- Host : Bazaarvoice gives it to you
- User : Bazaarvoice gives it to you
- Password : Bazaarvoice gives it to you
Remember to save by clicking on “APPLY”.
Comment: When you have entered your API user name and password, you products will automatically be created on Bazaarvoice.
4.3 Sending/uploading your catalogue
The optimised feed is sent to Bazaarvoice once a day from 01:00 AM.