The eBay feed is currently undergoing a transition.
- If your eBay feed was created before 24 July 2015, please refer to the dedicated eBay guide v1. Our team will contact you when your feed has been migrated to the new structure within the Lengow solution.
- If your eBay feed was created after 24 July 2015, this guide is for you! Please follow the configuration instructions set out below.
1. Introduction – How to manage your eBay stock feed on Lengow
This guide explains how to configure and manage your eBay feed. Before starting to set the parameters for your feed, please note the following recommendations.
Here are the steps you need to follow to advertise your products and to retrieve your eBay orders:
- Before starting to configure your feed, we suggest that you consult the following eBay documentation:
- Create your online shop on eBay (this is essential if your products are to be advertised)
- Ask Lengow customer support to create an eBay feed
- Separate out the products that you don’t want to advertise
- Complete the "Field Matching" in order to match your source feed fields with the existing eBay fields
- Change the values of your feed source by using automatic rules and/or search-replace to adapt them to the publisher’s expectations
- Organise your categories so that they correspond with the eBay categories
- Set up the options for tracking your stock (indexing frequency, alerts etc.)
- Fill in your API username and password to launch the distribution of your products
- Manage your orders
All these actions are detailed below.
2. Opening your eBay feed in Lengow
There are as many feeds in Lengow as there are countries where eBay is available.
Follow these steps to create your feed in Lengow:
Search for the “eBay V2” header and select the feed that is relevant to you (FR, US, UK, DE, etc.)
Alternatively you can search the “Marketplaces” section, select the flag of the relevant country, and then select the “eBay V2” feed.
Note: If you want to sell your products on eBay in a country that is not available in Lengow, please contact our customer support team.
3. Set up your eBay feed
eBay asks merchants to use specific attributes in order to reference the products in their marketplace. You therefore need to duplicate these attributes in your Lengow source feed.
3.1 Creating a feed segmentation
Before starting to change your attributes, first you need to filter your products so that you don’t send to eBay:
- The products that you do not wish to sell in this marketplace.
- The products in your feed that don’t match the type of products normally found in the eBay category.
3.2 Match the fields
eBay requires a particular feed structure depending on the category chosen.
In order to proceed with the field matching, you need to go to the page “Feed Management” then “Field matching”:
Check the “Field Matching” and fill in any missing information. Pay close attention to the field definitions, where you will find:
- The field definition itself;
- The field’s “Mandatory” or “Optional” status. A "Mandatory" field must be completed with one entry per product so that the product is created or updated.
- An example, if one exists;
- Whether expected values are free text or if they must be selected from a range. If specific values must be selected, they will either be:
- Specified directly in the field definition.
- Available via a link to eBay. The value shown in the “Value” column must be provided in your optimised feed.
Be careful: it's important to pay attention to capital letters and spelling in valid eBay entries so that the products aren't mistaken.
If no dedicated field is available in your source feed, there are two ways that you can provide the values expected by eBay:
Option 1: The expected value is the same for all my products
In this case, use the “personalized field” option within “Field Matching” to complete the desired value as required by eBay (which is available in the field definition).
For example, if I want to supply the value “VisaMC,PayPal” in eBay’s “PaymentMethods” field for all of my products, this is how to do it:
Option 2: The expected value is different for various products
In this case, this is how to do it:
1 / Create a virtual field under “Feed Management” then selecting the “Source Feed” tab.
2 / Match this virtual field with the desired field under “Feed Management” then selecting the “Field Matching” tab. Save the changes by clicking on “Save Modifications” at the bottom of the page.
3 / Create one or more automatic rule(s) to complete the virtual field using the value requested by eBay (which is available in the field definition)
3.3 Configuring your prices, promotions and discounts
To configure eBay promotional sales and special offers using Lengow correctly, please view our dedicated guide by clicking here.
3.4 Configuring delivery times, charges, and methods
You can complete up to five different delivery methods:
- two domestic delivery methods, represented in “Field Matching” by the field name and a figure (1 or 2).
- three international delivery methods, represented in “Field Matching” by the word “International, the field name, and a figure (1, 2, or 3).
For all delivery methods:
- “DispatchTimeMax”: this is the maximum order preparation time; acceptable values are available from the field definition. The delivery time period is automatically added to this value, which is calculated based on the value specified in the “ShippingService” field.
- “ShipToLocations”: The countries and/or regions to which you ship your products. If you select the countries and/or regions but do not specify the cost associated (see field below), so the buyer can select his country / region and will have to contact you to know the shipping cost.
For domestic deliveries (up to two different methods)
- “ShippingService”: The delivery method itself. See the list of acceptable values, which are included in the field definition. For example, to select the French Post Office’s “Chronopost - Chrono Relais,” you must specify the value FR_ChronopostChronoRelais” in this field.
- “ShippingServiceCost”: The cost associated with using this service for delivery.
- “ShippingServiceAdditionalCost”: Additional delivery fees per product when a single product is ordered multiple times. (It is not possible for an eBay order to contain multiple different product items). If this field is not completed, the value in the “ShippingServiceCost” will be used for each product that is ordered.
Note: The free shipping applies only to the first specified domestic shipping service (field "ShippingServiceCost1"). Your product will be refused if you apply a second free shipping.
For international deliveries (up to three different methods).
- “InternationalShippingService”: The delivery method itself. See the list of acceptable values in the link that is included in the field definition. For example, to select the French Post Office’s “Colissimo International,” you must specify the value “FR_LaPosteColissimoInternational” in the field.
- “InternationalShippingServiceCost”: The cost associated with using this service for delivery.
- “InternationalShippingServiceAdditionalCost”Additional delivery fees per product when a single product is ordered multiple times. (It is not possible for an eBay order to contain multiple different product items). If this field is not completed, the value in the “ShippingServiceCost” will be used for each product that is ordered.
- “InternationalShipToLocation”: The countries and/or regions covered by the delivery method.
3.5 Managing eBay and store categories
3.5.1 Field matching
In the “Field Management” > “Field Matching” tab, match the eBay “CategoryID” field with the “Category” field of your source feed.
3.5.2 Mapping eBay categories to your store account
To ensure that your products are correctly categorized on eBay, from the “Product Management” tab, use the following:
- The eBay taxonomy to align your categories with those in the Marketplace.
- The taxonomy of your eBay account to align the categories of your source feed with those that you have created in your eBay business seller account.
- Open the taxonomy (never copy-paste because log-in details are inserted); &
- Search for your category in the taxonomy (press “Ctrl+F” to find the desired keyword);
- Click on the relevant line;
- Click on “SAVE”
Note: The taxonomy for your eBay store account will be available once API login will be filled in.
3.6 Managing category attributes
eBay’s product attributes enable users to filter eBay ads based on criteria including the size and colour of a product.
You have the option of completing the attributes for categorised eBay products by inserting the value of a field from your source feed.
Go on "Product Management" tab, go within a eBay category and click on "Information to fill in for this eBay category".
- align your fields of your source feed with eBay's attributes
Note #1: Attributes are optional, and you therefore do not have to complete this information to publish a product.
Note #2: If your product has variations, only the value filled in for the parent product will be sent to eBay.
Note #3: Some categories do not accept variations on eBay. The label "Information to fill in for this eBay category" won't appear for all of the categories.
3.7 Configuring different versions
For products that are available in different versions, your source feed must contain “parent products.”
Here is how to configure different product versions:
3.7.1 Field matching
Under the “Feed Management” > “Field Matching” tab, match the following fields:
- “parent_id” with the parent identifier (a single identifier shared between different versions of the same product)
Starting from 27 September 2021, offers with "Seller Refurbished" condition (ConditionID 2500) will be automatically modified to "Used" (ConditionID 3000).
Variation MSKU managed according to item's condition will be blocked, including among others - condition: Grade, Cosmetic Condition, Item condition, Item grade, Cosmetic Grading, Phone Condition, Cosmetic Grade, Condition/Grade, Device Condition, Physical Condition, Grade/condition, Appearance, Cosmetic appearance.
What to do in Lengow, from 27 September 2021?
- If a new offer is created for a refurbished product, the 'Used' condition item (ConditionID 3000) must be filled in
- The titles and description must be updated to show the new item condition
- If you update an existing offer with the condition "Seller Refurbished", you must change it to "Used" in order to modify it.
3.7.2 Product management
In the “Product Management” tab > select a category > click on "Information to fill in for this eBay category.”
Then complete the following actions:
- Name your variation the way you want it appears on eBay
- Match the field of your source feed that contains values from your variation
- Save by clicking on "Send"
Example of a variation in Lengow:
This will appear in eBay as following:
- It is not possible to submit the same header value for a product attribute and a product variant on eBay. If you complete the eBay attribute “Shoe size” for example, and you then submit a product variant based on “Shoe size” , eBay will refuse the submission because it is not possible to incorporate an attribute and a product variant based on the same value.
- If you want to send the same value for a product attribute and a product variant, it is not possible to send the same value with exactly the same header, as the attribute and the variant name. While naming your variations, make sure to choose a name slightly different from the equivalent attribute name.
In our example, below, the label of the variation "Shoe Size" is incorrect, but the variation "Color(s)" is correct.
- It is possible to add as much variations as you want. To add more than 3 fields, fill in these fields and a fourth field will appear after your validation, below the third one. To delete a field, clear out its content , then save it.
- When you define a field for different product variants, it is linked to an eBay category and not to your own category. For this reason, if multiple categories in your feed are linked to a single eBay category, and you modify different variations that are configured for one of them, all the others will be modified in the same way. In this case, you can create multiple variant fields for the same category. If a field that is configured as a variant does not affect a particular product, eBay will simply ignore the field.
- Once a listing has been published as a variant, you must not change the variant configurations further; otherwise, it will not be possible to update the listing. Similarly, if you publish a variant containing the value “Red” you will no longer be able to change this value afterwards, e.g., changing to “Scarlet” instead.
- Once attribute fields are matched, you can no longer modify them once listings have been published. EBay will no longer accept updates to these listings as the configuration will no longer be identical to the configuration specified at the time of publication.
3.8 The EAN/UPC/ISBN or MPN code
Since 29 June 2015, eBay rules covering the mandatory fields required to distribute your products on its platform have changed.
EBay has defined a series of product typologies for which one of the four following codes must be provided to allow the product to be listed:
EBay has provided a list of the relevant products to its users: Read the eBay article
EBay gives you the option of viewing the list of products covered by these new rules. View eBay’s article on this topic: Read the eBay article.
Note: After the UK, US and DE, these fields become also required for FR, IT and ES on the 29th of February 2016.
- How do I submit the EAN, UPC, ISBN or MPN code for my products to eBay via Lengow?
Go to your eBay feed in Lengow, and under “Feed Management” select the “Field Matching” tab.
Match up the eBay fields with the corresponding fields in your source feed.
- My products haven't EAN code
For products without EAN code, fill in the "EAN" field with one of this value (according to the country):
- US : Does not apply
- Canada : Does not apply
- UK : Does not apply
- Germany : Nicht zutreffend
- Australia : Does not apply
- France : Non applicable
- eBayMotors : Does not apply
- Italy : Non applicabile
- Netherlands : Niet van toepassing
- Spain : No aplicable
- India : Does not apply
- HongKong : 不适用
- Singapore : Does not apply
- Malaysia : Does not apply
- Philippines : Does not apply
- CanadaFrench : Non applicable
- Poland : Nie dotyczy
- Belgium_Dutch : Niet van toepassing
- Belgium_French : Non applicable
- Austria : Nicht zutreffend
- Switzerland : Nicht zutreffend
- Ireland : Does not apply
3.9 The options tab
In the “Options” tab of your eBay feed, check the various points and modify them if needed. For more details about this tab, consult our tutorial "Options" tab.
To produce an eBay template with Lengow, go "Feed Management" tab > Ad Templates" tab. There is two choices:
- Choose a free template from those available
- Edit your own template in HTML with a wysiwyg
3.10.1 Free template produced by Lengow
If you want to use one of Lengow’s template, click on “Choose your template from those available”. Then select the template you would like to use by clicking on it.
Once you have selected your template design, you can edit the texts (delivery method, payment, terms and conditions) and the template theme and background color.
Apply your template to all your products. Please note that you cannot preview your ad template, you need to publish a product on eBay to check the template.
Select a store template
If you have an eBay store, you can configure a store template in eBay. After designing your ad template, you can download the files to personalize the rest of your eBay store (red arrow below). You can also find our "Customize your own eBay shop template" tutorial.
3.10.2 Design your own template
You can also create your own template in Lengow, to do so, click on:
- Edit the display of the product sheet via HTML editor by using your data feed fields
- Integrate a header of the ad
- Integrate a footer stating your general terms and conditions
- Activate the widget booster (free of charge on eBay)
3.11 Check the attributes in your updated feed
To check the data sent to the distributer, consult the optimised feed. All the updating that you have done in Lengow will be visible IMMEDIATELY (automatic rules, search/replace, matching etc.).
Comment: Check your updated feed as often as possible to reassure yourself that your parameters have been correctly applied to your new products.
4. Integrating your product catalogue with eBay
If the data in your optimised field are as expected, and meet eBay’s requirements, you can list your products to eBay.
You need to submit your API login details in Lengow to be able to transfer your product catalogue to eBay. This requires you to go to the “Feed Management” section and select the “API Login” tab:
- “Store ID”: Complete your store ID here.
- “PayPal Login”: Complete your PayPal login details here.
- “Token”: Complete the eBay token details.
Ensure that you save the changes by selecting “Apply.”
Note: As soon as you’ve provided your API login details, your products will automatically be listed on eBay.
4.1.1 Retrieving your “Store ID”
By logging in to your eBay account, you can see if you have a professional store by looking for a red doorway alongside your name. If you don’t have a store, you can find information here: http://pages.ebay.fr/help/sell/store-getstarted.html
The name to be specified in the “StoreCategoryID” field in Lengow is the name of your store as shown to the right of the red doorway.
- Spaces must be replaced by dashes: “my store” becomes “my-store” in the value to be submitted via Lengow.
- Accented characters must be replaced by the appropriate character without the accent, e.g., é becomes e.
4.1.2 Retrieving the eBay Token
You must authorise Lengow to log into your eBay account if you want to use it to publish listings. To do so, you must first log out from your eBay account. Then go to the “API Login” tab of your eBay feed management and then click on the “Get the eBay Token” button.
You will then be taken to your eBay account. Follow the login procedure until you receive a message indicating that Lengow is authorised to log in to your account. The token retrieval process will then begin automatically (this takes place on an hourly basis). If you encounter any problems in retrieving the token, contact Lengow customer support.
Warning: if you have a VIP account, only the main account can submit a token request.
4.2 Submitting a product catalogue
Two distinct feeds are sent to eBay:
- One feed to create your products is sent at 2.30 am every day;
- Another feed to update your products and stock levels is sent every five hours.
4.3 Integration report
Product and offer integration reports enable you to verify that your products have been submitted (product feed) and updated (offer feed) on the eBay site.
Several different types of report are available :
- "products": this relates to the products that Lengow doesn't send to eBay due to bad configuration. Check in your optimised feed that:
If a product does not fulfil these two conditions, Lengow will block its delivery and so it won't be posted on eBay. In this report you'll find a list of blocked products and the reasons for blocking.
The following reports relate to errors raised by eBay for products not blocked by the "products" report:
- "ebay_job_AddFixedPriceItem": This report relates to the posting of products on eBay. In the "SeverityCode" field, a product with the entry:
- "Error" won't be posted on eBay. It's important to correct the error so that the product can be posted.
- "Warning" will be posted but with an error. It's strongly advised to correct the error.
- "ebay_job_EndFixedPriceItem": this report indicates deleted products. Consult this report if you have a problem with deletion.
- "ebay_job_ReviseFixedPriceItem": this report relates to the updating of posted products. Consult this report if you have a problem with updating the "flux produits" data (title, description...).
- "ebay_job_ReviseInventoryStatus": this report relates to the updating of posted products. Consult this report if you have a problem with updating the "flux offres" data (price, quantity... ).
These reports only contain the products in your catalogue which have errors. For each of your products with an error, eBay will specify the reason it was rejected.
Note 1: eBay reports are provided in XML format, for greater ease reading it's possible to convert them on a spreadsheet to "Excel" format.
Note 2: if the integrated "products" and "ebay_job_AddFixedPriceItem" reports are empty, this means that all of your products have been correctly integrated.
Product and offer integration reports can be viewed and downloaded from the “Integration Reports” tab under “Indexing History” by clicking on the blue “Report” link .
Note: Products are sent to eBay through batches of 700 products approximately (only parent and simple products are taken into account in these 700 products - of course child products are sent with the parent product). Report will be then divided regarding products volume that is sent. Be careful to consult all the reports linked to the same sending.
5. Stop advertising a product
Lengow can only update the products that are present in your source feed.
In order to deactivate, i.e. stop selling, a product that is online on the eBay site, set the quantity to “0” in Lengow (for example, either by using an automatic rule or in the product file).
Warning: If the product is no longer sent to eBay, without having set the quantity to “0”, the offer will remain visible on eBay and the latest stock information available to eBay will be displayed.
By default, eBay works by updating data rather than by overwriting it.
Lengow has put in place a security system that allows you to keep your products visible “virtually” when they have disappeared from your source feed. They are kept in the category « virtual products », in the “Product Management” tab. However, in order to avoid problems of over selling, make sure to keep the out of stock products in your source feed for 3 to 4 days with the quantity set to 0. This will ensure that the “produit indisponible” information (= unavailable product) is sent to eBay.
6. Update a product
Be aware that some changes are forbidden by eBay, please check the following for more information: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html
If you want to apply modification to your product even if it's forbidden by eBay, you have to unlist and relist on eBay.
To do so, send a quantity to 0 (zero) temporarily (for at least four hours), using an automatic rule.
7. Managing orders
7.1 Order retrieval schedule
Lengow retrieves orders submitted via eBay every three hours.
7.2 Order processing
1 / When a new order is submitted via eBay, it enters Lengow via the “New Orders” tab. At this stage, the order is awaiting confirmation of payment from eBay.
Orders automatically pass to the “Awaiting shipment” stage when eBay confirms the payment.
2 / When your order is in the “Orders awaiting shipment” tab, you must prepare your order to send it to the customer. Once this has been done, confirm dispatch. The order will then be transferred to the “Orders shipped” tab.
This is the stage where you provide the domestic delivery method and the package tracking number.
Comment: If you are using one of our modules or our web-service to import orders into your e-commerce back office, you can import the order into your back office from the “SHIPPING” status (“Orders waiting for shipment” tab). When you have dealt with the order and confirmed the expedition in your back office, the order will appear automatically in the “Orders Sent” tab in Lengow.
3 / Once your order is in the “Orders Sent” tab, we inform eBay that the order has been sent to the customer. eBay then informs the customer that the order has been sent.
7.3 Cancelling an order
An eBay order can be cancelled from eBay back-office only.