1. Preamble – Managing your Galeries Lafayette feed on Lengow
This guide shows how to configure and manage your Galeries Lafayette feed daily. Before you start setting up your Galeries Lafayette feed, please read these recommendations.
Here are the steps for publishing your Galeries Lafayette products and retrieving your orders:
- Choose the Galeries Lafayette category in which your products will be published
- Create your seller shop on Mirakl (this step is essential for publishing your products)
- Request Lengow customer support to create the feed that corresponds with the chosen Galeries Lafayette category
- Perform a feed segmentation for your products that you do not want to publish or that do not correspond to the chosen category and/or the "parent products."
- Create the field matching to make your feed source data correspond to the Galeries Lafayette structure
- Change the values of your feed source by using automatic rules and/or search-replace to adapt them to the publisher’s expectations
- Perform the mapping of categories to match your categories to those of Galeries Lafayette
- Perform the mapping of your variations (colours and/or sizes)
- Perform the mapping of your brands
- Set your feed options (indexing frequency, alerts, etc.)
- Enter your API login information to start promoting your products
- Manage your orders
All of these actions are detailed below.
2. Galeries Lafayette Categories
2.1 Which category/categories for your products?
Galeries Lafayette functions by category. Each category has its own structure and corresponds to a precise product type. For example, it is not possible to sell fashion items in the "Home – Furniture and sofas" category. A large number of categories exists for Galeries Lafayette. To learn which category or categories to open for your products, contact your Galeries Lafayette account manager (which is often determined upon signing your contract with Galeries Lafayette).
Once this item is defined with your Galeries Lafayette account manager, you’ll need to open the corresponding feeds in your Lengow account.
2.2 Opening your Galeries Lafayette feeds in Lengow
Each Galeries Lafayette category requires the creation of a new feed in Lengow.
Search for "galeries lafayette" to see all of the available categories.
Or search in the "Marketplaces" section with the French flag, and then choose the desired Galeries Lafayette feed(s).
During your request for feed creation, please indicate, in addition to your usual current information, the source feed fields to be used for variations in colours and/or sizes in the text box provided for this purpose.
You will have as many Galeries Lafayette feeds in Lengow as necessary to publish your products on this publisher. Each Galeries Lafayette feed is independent of the others, and although there are similarities, requires a specific setting.
See how to set one of them.
3. Configuring your Galeries Lafayette feed
Galeries Lafayette requests merchants to indicate specific values to reference their products in the marketplace. Therefore, you need to adjust your values in Lengow.
3.1 Creating a feed segmentation
Before adjusting your values, start by creating a feed segmentation to prevent sending the following to Galeries Lafayette:
- Products you do not want to sell in the marketplace
- Products from your feed that do not correspond to the product types expected in the Galeries Lafayette categories.
- "Parent products" if your source feed contains them.
3.2 Creating field matching
Galeries Lafayette requests a particular feed structure depending on the chosen category.
In order to proceed with field matching, you need to go to "feed management" > "field matching":
Check the field matching and complete the missing information. To help you, in the definition of each field, you will find:
- The name of the field.
- The definition of the field.
- An example, if one exists.
- The required or optional character for this field. A required field must be filled in with a value so the product can be created or updated.
- Whether it is a free text field or whether specific attributes are required. If specific attributes are required, you will see the following message: "Des valeurs sont imposées pour ce champ (liste disponible dans notre guide diffuseur)" (= "Attributes are required in this field (list available in our distributors guide)"). You will find here a file for each category. If you are using a field that requires valid attributes, it is compulsory to change the attributes in your source feed. If these attributes are not in your source feed, you must change them using search/replace or automatic rules. (See here how to read this file)
- If the field is used to create your products, "Product feed field" is stated. If it is used for updates, "Product feed field" is not stated.
Here are some additional specifics for certain fields:
- "Image" fields: Galeries Lafayette requires your images to have a minimum resolution of 1100*1200 pixels.
- "ArticleTitle" field: For better referencing on the Galeries Lafayette website, be sure to name your item appropriately, by including the type of product it is (for example, Fahel skirt), and not just the product series name. In addition, be careful not to include any variations (colour, size, etc.) in titles.
- "Product description" field (at the bottom): you should indicate your delivery terms here: delivery method, average shipping time from when an order is confirmed, free shipping (if applicable), and the delivery withdrawal period.
3.3 Set up special offers
3.3.1 Special offers
To set up special offers, fill in the following attributes:
- price: this field must contain your strikethrough price.
- discount_price: this field must contain your promotional price.
- discount_start_date: this field must contain the date on which your special offer begins. Format: YYYY-MM-DD. This information is optional. If you fill in this field and the "discount_price" field before launching a promotion, the promotion will only begin on the date indicated.
- discount_end_date: this field must contain the date on which your special offer ends. Format: YYYY-MM-DD. This data is optional. If you fill in the "discount_price" field and the "discount_end_date" field, the promotion will stop on the date indicated.
3.3.2 Private sales
- price_channel_VP_ : this field must contain your strikethrough price.
- discount-price_channel_VP_ : this field must contain your promotional price.
- discount-start-date_channel_VP_ : this field must contain the date on which the private sales Galeries Lafayette begin. Format: YYYY-MM-DD
- discount-end-date_channel_VP_ : this field must contain the date on which the private sales Galeries Lafayette end. Format: YYYY-MM-DD
- code-manifestation: code of the private sales organized by Galeries Lafayette. Contact your Galeries Lafayette account manager to get this code.
3.3.3 French sales
To set up your sales, follow our guide.
3.4 Setting your P & P
Rates and delivery methods are imposed by Galeries Lafayette. Go to the marketplace to get the rates table.
3.4.1 Delivery method
The choice for delivery method is made directly in your Mirakl back office ("Boutique" > "Settings" > "Delivery"). You will have the following choices:
- Express delivery
- Delivery tracking
- Normal delivery
- Recommended delivery
- Delivery in front of a building
- Delivery to the room of your choice
- Delivery by appointment to the room of your choice and unpacking
- Delivery by appointment to the room of your choice and setting up service or assembly/installation
3.4.2 Delivery charges
For delivery charges, you should know that each product family is associated with a logistics category by default. Rates are calculated based on the logistics category associated with the product and the delivery method chosen by the buyer. You will find the rates table in your Mirakl > "Information." For more details, see your Galeries Lafayette account manager.
For the logistics category, you can:
- Indicate free shipping for all your products. This is configured in your Mirakl back office: "Boutique" > "Settings" > "Delivery" > select "Shipping offered."
- Keep the logistics category attributed by default by Galeries Lafayette. In this case, no action is required by you.
- Determine a threshold for free delivery for each logistics category, by filling in the box provided for this purpose in your Mirakl "Boutique" > "Settings" > "Delivery."
- Change the logistics category attributed by default by Galeries Lafayette. In this case, follow these steps:
1 / Create a virtual field and call it "GL_logistic_class".
2 / In field matching, match the virtual field with the "logistic_class" field. Remember to save by clicking on "Modify feed fields" at the bottom of the page.
3 / Create one (or more) automatic rule(s) to populate the virtual field with the desired value (refer to the list of values on the rates table sheet). As a condition for the rule, choose products that require a new logistics category (for example, a product ID or a category from your source feed). Next, select the virtual field "GL_logistic_class" and indicate a value from the rates table .
Here is an example:
3.5 Setting up the management of variations
In the "Field Matching" tab, fill in these fields:
- sellerProductId: parent identifier for your variations (a common identifier to all variations for one product). This field must be empty if your product does not have variations.
The attribute(s) corresponding to your product variations (e.g "color", "size", etc.). Several types of variations are accepted on Galeries Lafayette. For product sizes/colours, we offer you the ability to match the values from your source feed with Galeries Lafayette’s expected values (follow the next points below). For other variations, use field matching to fill in your different variations.
3.5.1 Performing colour mapping
Go to the "Variations" tab > and then "Galeries Lafayette Colors"
On the left, you will see all the colours from your source feed. If you want to use another "Colour" field from your source feed, contact our customer support.
On the right, you will see a scrolling menu with all of Galeries Lafayette’s colours.
You must map your source feed colours with those of Galeries Lafayette.
Remember to save your colour mapping by clicking on "Save" on the right side of the page.
When you add new products in your feed with new colours, check the mapping periodically and save your changes.
3.5.2 Performing size mapping
Go to the "Variation" tab > and then "Galeries Lafayette Sizes"
On the right, you will see a scrolling menu with all of Galeries Lafayette’s sizes.
You must map your source feed sizes with those of Galeries Lafayette.
Remember to save your size mapping by clicking on "Save" on the right side of the page.
When you add new products in your feed with new sizes, check the mapping periodically and save your changes.
3.5.3 Setting your other variations
In some Galeries Lafayette categories, it is also possible to create variations other than size and/or colour. In field matching, match the field from your source feed with the Galeries Lafayette field. If the message "Values are mandatory for this field (a list is available in our presenter handbook" is in the field definition, adjust the values from your source feed with search/replace or automatic rules .
3.6 Performing brand mapping
Go to the "Variation" tab > and then "Galeries Lafayette Brands"
On the left, you will see all the brands from your source feed.
On the right, you will see a scrolling menu with all of Galeries Lafayette’s brands.
You must map your source feed brands with those of Galeries Lafayette.
Remember to save your brand mapping by clicking on "Save" on the right side of the page.
When you add new products in your feed with new brands, you need to periodically check the mapping and re-save it.
3.7 Performing category mapping
So that your products can be published in the correct Galeries Lafayette categories, you must use the Galeries Lafayette thesaurus to make your categories correspond with those in the Marketplace. To do this mapping, you need to go to management of products in Lengow:
- Open the Galeries Lafayette thesaurus
- Look for your category in the thesaurus (use "Ctrl + F" to search for your desired keyword)
- Click on the corresponding line
- Click on "SAVE"
Remember to click "SAVE" once the operation is complete.
3.8 Options Tab
3.9 Verify the values in your optimised feed
In order to verify the data sent to the publisher, consult the optimised feed. All optimisations performed in Lengow can be seen IMMEDIATELY (automatic rules, search/replace, matching, etc.).
Note: Check your optimised feed as often as possible to ensure that your settings have been applied to your products.
4. Integrating your catalogue with Galeries Lafayette
When you have verified that the information in your optimised feed meets your expectations and corresponds with the Galeries Lafayette expectations, you can put your products on Galeries Lafayette. To do this, you must:
- Check that there are no rules in your Galeries Lafayette Mirakl
- Fill in your API login information in Lengow
- Consult the integration report
As a reminder, it is essential that your Galeries Lafayette seller boutique be created on your Mirakl interface, in order to be able to publish products on the Galeries Lafayette website. See your Galeries Lafayette account manager if you need help at this point.
4.1 Mirakl configuration wizard
If you have implemented rules using the configuration wizard in your Galeries Lafayette Mirakl, it is possible that sending product feeds is blocked. To avoid this problem, there must be no rules within your Galeries Lafayette Mirakl.
If these rules are necessary (for example, when products are not present in your Lengow feed) contact Galeries Lafayette to find a solution.
If these rules are no longer useful to you for the management of your catalogue on Galeries Lafayette with Lengow, delete them. (If in doubt, contact your Galeries Lafayette account manager).
As soon as you have finalised setting your feed on the Lengow side, you’ll need to fill in your API login information to transmit your product catalogue to Galeries Lafayette. To do this, go to the "Feed management" area > API login tab:
- Mirakl_key: Fill in your API key here. To get it, log in to your Galeries Lafayette Mirakl space and click on the email address in the upper right ("My account"), then API key.
Example API key: b36a2665-109a-4135-a0f0-460d70568ca4
- Mirakl_storeid: Fill in your Mirakl login information here. To get it, go to your Galeries Lafayette Mirakl space and click on Boutique > Settings (seen at the top of the page – login: XXXX).
Remember to save by clicking on "Apply."
Note: As soon as you have filled in your API login information, your products will automatically be created in Galeries Lafayette.
4.2 Sending the catalogue
Two separate feeds are sent to Galeries Lafayette:
- Products feed: enables the integration and creation of new products. It is sent to Galeries Lafayette every four hours. If your products are free from errors, they will be created in Galeries Lafayette and appear online in 48 hours, after the product feeds are sent.
- Offers feed: enables updates of pricing, supply, etc. It is also sent to Galeries Lafayette every four hours. When Galeries Lafayette receives the offers feed, it is updated on the Galeries Lafayette website within an hour.
4.3 Products and offers integration report
We invite you to consult the product and offers integration reports to verify that your products were integrated successfully by Galeries Lafayette (product feeds) and updated on the Galeries Lafayette website (offer feeds).
These reports only contain the products from your catalogue that were rejected by Galeries Lafayette. For each of these erroneous products, Galeries Lafayette will specify the reason for rejection.
Note: If all of your products have been correctly integrated and updated, all your products appear without the column "errors".
Note 2: If the integration report is empty, it means it is not available yet.
Integration reports for products and offers are available and could be downloaded :
- Within Lengow on the "Feed Management" part > "Indexing history" tab > click on the blue link "Report"
- Offers feed report : Type = "offer"
- Products feed report : Type = "product"
- Within your Galeries Lafayette Mirakl back office. Here is how to reach those reports :
- Offers feed report : "My inventory" tab > "Import From File" > "Monitor offer imports"
- Products feed report : "My inventory" tab > "Import From File" > "Monitor product imports"
5. Unpublishing / Deleting a product
5.1 Unpublishing a product
Lengow can only update products that are present in your source feed.
To deactivate a product online on Galeries Lafayette, you must specify a quantity of "0" in Lengow (using an automatic rule or directly in the product file, for example).
CAUTION: If the product is no longer transmitted to Galeries Lafayette (without having been sent in a quantity of "0"), the offer will still be visible on Galeries Lafayette with the latest stock information known by Galeries Lafayette.
By default, Galeries Lafayette operates by data updates and not by overwriting.
Lengow has put a security measure in place that allows you to keep products virtually in offers management, when they disappear from your source feed. They are kept in the "virtual products" category. However, in order to avoid any over-sale problems, be sure to keep out-of-stock products in your source feed for 1-2 days with a quantity of 0 units, so that the "product unavailable" information will be sent to Galeries Lafayette.
5.2 Delete a product from your Mirakl back office
To delete one or more product ads in your Galeries Lafayette Mirakl back office from Lengow, you must use the Update-Delete field from Galeries Lafayette and enter delete in this field. This allows the deletion of a product on the website and in your Mirakl back office.
Here’s how to do that:
1/ Create a virtual field called "GL_update_delete" in "feed management" > "source feed" tab
2/ Match this field with the Galeries Lafayette field of the same name in the Matching field.
3 / Then you can:
in offers management: search for your product, open its product file, and at the bottom of the product sheet, enter "delete" in the GL_update_delete field. Remember to save :
Or you can make an automatic rule as follows (example given for product 67 from the catalogue – be sure to adjust the condition according to your needs):
The "delete" information will automatically be included in the optimised feed and sent to Galeries Lafayette. The products will then disappear from your Mirakl interface.
4 / To delete all of your catalogue, you need to go to "feed management" > "field matching":
- Remove the merchant field matching at the "update-delete" field if you have previously created one.
- Enter "delete" in the Galeries Lafayette custom "update-delete" field.
6. Managing orders
6.1 Schedule for retrieving orders
Lengow retrieves orders placed with Galeries Lafayette every hour.
6.2 Processing orders
1 / When a new order is placed on Galeries Lafayette, it goes to Lengow in the "New Orders" tab. At this point, you can:
- Accept the order: it will then be placed in "waiting for shipment" ("Orders awaiting shipment" tab)
- Refuse the order: it will then automatically be returned to Galeries Lafayette as a cancelled order. This order will not be processed, and the customer will be notified by Galeries Lafayette that the order was cancelled.
Note 1: It is possible to automate this step by automatically accepting orders. To do this, go to the "Orders" tab > Automating orders > check the "Galeries Lafayette" box
Remember to save by clicking on "Save Settings."
Caution: By activating this option, you must make sure that you are able to honour all orders.
2 / When your order is in the "Orders awaiting shipping" tab, you must prepare your order and send it to the customer. Once that has been done, confirm the shipment. The order will then move to the "Shipped Orders" tab.
If you have chosen tracking as the delivery method, you must enter the haulier and parcel tracking number at this step.
Note 2: If you are using one of our modules or our WebService to import orders in your e-commerce back office. From the "SHIPPING status ("Orders awaiting shipping" tab) the order can be imported in your back office. When you have processed the order and confirmed shipment in your back office, the order will automatically move to the "Shipped Orders" tab in Lengow.
3 / When your order is in the "Shipped Orders" tab, we inform Galeries Lafayette that your order has been sent to the customer. Then the Marketplace commits to inform the customer that the order has been shipped.
6.3 Order Cancellation
To cancel an order after the first stage of acceptance, you need to contact your Galeries Lafayette account manager.
6.4 Different statuses of Galeries Lafayette orders
As seen previously, orders go through various tabs during processing of your Galeries Lafayette orders:
- New Orders
- Orders waiting for shipment
- Orders sent
- Orders canceled
In each of these tabs, different statuses are seen below the Galeries Lafayette order number.
Here is an explanation of statuses by tab. For more information about this subject, please contact your Galeries Lafayette account manager directly.
6.4.1 New orders
- "STAGING": "Waiting for scoring" status; the order is going through an anti-fraud process.
- "WAITING_ACCEPTANCE": "Waiting for order to be accepted" status. You must accept or refuse the order at this status (1).
- "WAITING_DEBIT": Debit request for the order is in progress.
- "WAITING_DEBIT_PAYMENT": Order payment is in progress.
6.4.2 Orders waiting for shipment
- "SHIPPING": The order is waiting to be shipped. You must validate the order shipment at this status (2).
- "INCIDENT_OPEN": The customer has initiated a dispute; go to your Galeries Lafayette Mirakl to process it.
- "INCIDENT_CLOSED": The customer’s dispute is closed.
- "WAITING_REFUND": A refund request is in progress; go to your Galeries Lafayette Mirakl to process it.
- "WAITING_REFUND_PAYMENT": The order refund is in progress.
6.4.3 Orders sent
- "SHIPPED": "Shipped" status; the order was sent and is in transit.
- "RECEIVED": "Received" status; the customer has received the order.
- "CLOSED": "Closed" status; the customer has received the order and has not initiated a dispute.
6.4.4 Orders canceled
- "CANCELED": The order was cancelled by the merchant or the customer.
- "REFUNDED": The order was refunded.
- "REFUSED": The order was refused by the merchant during the order process (1).