1. Introduction – How to manage your Home 24 stock feed on Lengow
This guide explains how to configure and manage your Home 24 feed. Before starting to set the parameters for your feed, please note the following recommendations.
Here are the steps you need to follow to advertise your products and to retrieve your Home 24 orders:
- Contact Home 24 to know if you are eligible to sell your products on their website.
- Ask Home 24 for the creation of your online shop (this is essential if you want to display products on Home 24).
- Ask for Home 24 feed creation in Lengow.
- Separate out the products that you don’t want to advertise or that don’t correspond to Home 24's specifications.
- Complete the "Field Matching" in order to match your source feed fields with the existing Home 24 fields.
- Change the values of your feed source by using "Automatic Rules" and/or "Search-Replace" to adapt them to Home 24's expectations.
- Organise your categories so that they correspond with the Home 24 categories.
- Set up your feed options (indexing frequency, alerts etc.).
- Fill in your API username and password to launch the distribution of your products.
- Manage your orders.
All these actions are detailed below.
2. Open your Home 24 data feed in Lengow
Search for the title "Home 24" and select it.
Or look in the "Marketplaces" section, select your country flag and then choose the Home 24 feed.
Note : Home 24 is available in 7 different countries : Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Switzerland
3. Set up your Home 24 feed
Home 24 asks to use specific attributes in order to reference the products on their marketplace. You therefore need to adapt attribute values from your source feed in Lengow.
3.1 Creating a feed segmentation
Before starting to change your attributes, first you need to filter your products so that you don’t send to Home 24:
- The products that you do not wish to sell in this marketplace.
- The products in your feed that don’t match the type of products normally found on Home 24's website.
3.2 Match the fields
Home 24 requires a particular feed structure depending on the category chosen.
In order to proceed with the field matching, you need to go to the page "Feed Management" then "Field matching":
Check the "Field Matching" and complete any missing information. Read the field definitions carefully as you will find:
- The field name.
- The field definition.
- An example, if there is one.
- Whether the field is required or optional. A "required" field needs an attribute to be input so that the product can be created or updated.
3.3 Configure your shipping costs
Home 24 offers free shipping costs for all products on their website. You may include your shipping cost within your price product if you don't want to ship your products for free. You can create automatic rules in Lengow in order that the field "new_gross_sales_price" includes both the price and shipping cost of your products.
Here is how you should proceed:
1/ Match your selling price field with the field "new_gross_sales_price" in "Feed Management" > "Field matching" tab and Save by clicking on "Save Modifications" at the bottom of the page :
2/ Create one or several automatic rule(s) to add your shipping cost to your product price. (Make sure to adapt the condition according to your data and needs) :
Example 1 : Your product catalogue contains a shipping cost field and you want to add it to your product prices:
Example 2 : You do not have a shipping cost field in your product catalogue. You want to add a shipping cost of 5,90 euros to your prices for all your products belonging to the "Light" category:
To configure your special offers on Home 24, fill in the following fields :
- "new_gross_sales_price" : this field must contain your strikethrough price
- "new_gross_special_price" : this field must contain your promotional price
3.5 Set up product variations
Fill in the field "parentSku" if your product catalogue contains variations. This field must contain your parent identifiers (common identifier for all the variations of a product). This data is mandatory if your products have variations.
Home 24 has a specific products management. Each product must be composed of a basic product (called "config") and at least one variant (called "simple"). Home 24 doesn't expect to receive the same information according to the type of product, "config" or "simple". The brand, description or images have to be associated to the "config" when the size or colour must be associated to the "simple" only.
To help you with this configuration we manage directly the lines "config" and "simple" in Lengow when we send your product catalogue to Home 24 .Therefore you don't need to create automatic rules to separate the data needed for the "config" and those required for the "simple".
We advise you to contact directly your Home 24 account manager if you want to receive more details on the variations accepted by Home 24.
3.6 Category mapping
In order to categorise your products on Home 24, use the Home 24 taxonomy so that your categories match those of the Home 24 marketplace. To carry out this mapping, go to the tab "Product Management":
- Open the Home 24 taxonomy
- Search for your category in the taxonomy (press "Ctrl+F" to search for your desired key word)
- Click on the corresponding line
- Click on "SAVE"
Don’t forget to click on "SAVE" once you have carried out this operation.
3.7 The options tab
In the "Options" tab of your Home 24 feed, check the various points and modify them if needed. For more details about this tab, consult our tutorial "Options tab".
3.8 Check the attributes in your optimised feed
To check the data sent to Home 24, consult the optimised feed. All the updates you make in Lengow are visible IMMEDIATELY (automatic rules, search/replace, matching etc.) in the optimised feed.
Note: Check your optimised feed as often as possible to make sure that your parameters have been correctly applied to your new products.
4. Integration of your catalogue on the Home 24 site
If the data in your optimised feed are correct and complies with the Home 24 requirements, you can send your products to Home 24.
4.1 Enter the API IDs
You must enter your API IDs in Lengow in order to be able to send your product catalogue to Home 24. To do this, go to "Feed Management" > "API login" tab :
GLN identifier (Global Location Number) and Prefix are provided by Home 24 when they open your seller shop. Contact your Home 24 account manager if you do not have these data.
Note : Once you fill in the field "Prefix", the value you entered will be automatically added at the beginning of your product identifiers, as requested by Home 24. This modification only occurs on the files sent to Home24, it won't be visible in your Home 24 optimised feed.
Remember to save by clicking on "APPLY".
4.2 Sending/uploading your product catalogue
Two distinct feeds are sent to Home 24:
- Products feed: it enables the integration and creation of your products. It is sent once a day around 1.30 am to Home 24 FTP. Once Home 24 retrieves your product catalogue, they will be able to proceed to your products creation if there are no error returned for your products.
- Offers feed: it enables the update of prices, stock etc. on Home 24. It is sent every 4 hours to Home 24 FTP.
4.3 Products and offers reports
Products and offers reports, generated by Lengow, enable you to check that all your products are correctly configured.These reports only contain your products for which an error is detected during the sending of your product catalogue to Home 24. For each of these products, we specify the reason of the error.
Note 1 : Several errors can appear for one product. Be sure to take into account all the errors and correct them in order that your product can be created on Home 24.
Note 2 : If these products and offers reports are empty, this means that we did not detected error while sending your product catalogue to Home 24.
Products and offers reports are available in Lengow. To download them, go to "Feed Management" > "Indexing History" tab > click on the blue link "Report":
Note : These are reports generated by Lengow. Home 24 does not provide us with products and offers integration reports. Your Home 24 account manager may advise you to modify or complete some information in your product catalogue.
5. Stop advertising a product
5.1 Set a quantity 0
Lengow can only update the products that are present in your source feed.
In order to deactivate, i.e. stop selling, a product that is online on the Home 24 website, set the quantity to "0" in Lengow (for example, either by using an Automatic Rule or in the product file).
NOTE : If the product is no longer sent to Home 24, without having set the quantity to "0", the offer will remain visible on Home 24 and the latest stock information available to Home 24 will be displayed.
By default, Home 24 works by updating data rather than by overwriting it.
Lengow has put in place a security system that allows you to keep your products visible "virtually" when they have disappeared from your source feed. They are kept in the category "virtual products", in the "Product Management" tab. However, in order to avoid problems of over selling, make sure to keep the out of stock products in your source feed for 1 to 2 days with the quantity set to 0. This will ensure that the information about the product being unavailable is sent to Home 24.
5.2 Use the "active" field
If you want to stop advertising a product from Home24, enter the value "0" in the field "active". Here is how you should proceed :
1 / Add a virtual field "Home24_active" in "Feed Management" > "Source feed" tab :
2 / Match this virtual field with the field "active" in "Feed Management" > "Field matching" tab. Save by clicking on "Save Modifications" at the bottom of the page:
3 / There are two possible options here:
- Search for your product in "Product Management" and open the product file. At the bottom of the product file, enter the value "0" in the "Home24_active" field and save :
- Create an automatic rule as follow (The example given is for product 12 of the product catalogue. Make sure to change it according to your data and needs):
This information will be automatically included in the offers feed sent to Home 24. The concerned products will then disappear from Home 24 website.
Note: To stop advertising your entire catalogue, go to "Feed Management" > "Field matching" and enter the value "0" in the "Personalized Field" column of the "active" field. Remove any matches in the "Merchant Fields" column of the "active" field, if you had previously set one up :
6. Order management
6.1 Order retrieval
Home 24's orders retrieval is done through FTP. A new order placed on Home 24 has to be sent by the marketplace to the FTP first in order it can appear in Lengow. Lengow retrieves the orders provided by Home 24 every one hour and half.
6.2 Order processing
1 / When a new order is placed on Home 24, it appears in Lengow in the "New Order" tab. At this stage, you can either:
- Accept the order: it will then appears as waiting for expedition ("Orders waiting for shipment" tab)
Note: You have to fill in the fields "Shipment Date" and "Delivery Date" before to accept a new Home 24 order. Home24 wants to receive estimated dates for the order shipment and delivery to the buyer. Therefore it is not possible to automate this step by activating the "Orders automation" option.
- Refuse the order: it will be automatically referred back to Home 24 as a cancelled order. This order does not need to be dealt with; the client will be notified by Home 24 that his/her command has been cancelled.
2 / When your order appears within the "Orders waiting for shipment" tab, you must prepare the order and send it to the customer. When you are ready to send the order, fill in the carrier’s details and the tracking number of the package and confirm the shipping. The order will then show in the "Orders Sent" tab.
Note: If you are using one of our modules or our web-service to import orders into your e-commerce back office, you can import the order into your back office from the "SHIPPING" status ("Orders waiting for shipment" tab). When you have deal with the order and confirmed the expedition in your back office, the order will appear automatically in the "Orders Sent" tab in Lengow.
3 / Once your order is within the "Orders Sent" tab, we inform Home 24 that the order has been sent to the customer. Home 24 is in charge to inform the customer that the order has been sent.
6.3 Cancellation of an order
To cancel an order after the first acceptance stage, you must contact your Home 24 account manager.
7. Contact Home 24
A. File showing valid values
Home 24 established a file containing the list of values they defined for each product attribute. Download this file to know the values available.