1. Introduction – How to manage your Houzz stock feed on Lengow
This guide explains how to configure and manage your Houzz feed. Before starting to set the parameters for your feed, please note the following recommendations.
Here are the steps you need to follow to advertise your products :
- Contact Houzz to know if you are eligible to display your products on their website.
- Ask for Houzz feed creation in Lengow.
- Separate out the products that you do not want to advertise on Houzz
- Complete the "Field Matching" in order to match your source feed fields with the existing Houzz fields
- Change the values of your feed source by using Automatic Rules and/or Search-Replace to adapt them to Houzz’s expectations.
- Set up the options for tracking your stock (indexing frequency, alerts etc.)
- Contact your Sonia Taourghi (email@example.com) to launch the distribution of your products.
- Fill in the API username and password to update your product catalog.
All these actions are detailed below.
2. Open your Houzz data feed in Lengow
Ask for the creation of a new feed in Lengow.
Search for the title "Houzz.fr V2".
Alternatively, look for the French flag in the "Comparison Shopping Sites" section and then choose the Houzz feed.
3. Set up your Houzz feed
Houzz asks merchants to use specific attributes in order to reference the products in their marketplace. You therefore need to duplicate these attributes in your Lengow source feed.
3.1 Creating a feed segmentation
Before starting to change your attributes, first you need to filter your products so that you don’t send to Houzz:
- The products that you do not wish to display on houzz.fr.
- The products that are not accepted by Houzz.
- "Parent products", if your source feed contains any.
3.2 Match the fields
In order to proceed with the field matching, you need to go to the page "Feed Management" then "Field matching":
Check the field matching and complete any missing information. Read the field definitions carefully and there you will find:
- The field name.
- The field definition.
- An example, if there is one.
- Whether the field is "Requis" or "Optionnel". A "Requis" field needs an attribute to be input so that the product can be created or updated.
3.3 Set up product variations
Houzz does not manage product variations. A separate product file will be created for each product variation featured in your source feed.
You therefore need to filter your "parent products" if your source feed contains any.
3.4 Category mapping
In order to categorise your products on Houzz, use the Houzz taxonomy so that your categories match those of the Houzz marketplace. To carry out this mapping, go to the tab "Product Management":
- Open the Houzz taxonomy
- Search for your category in the taxonomy (press "Ctrl+F" to search for your desired key word)
- Click on the corresponding line
- Click on "SAVE"
Don’t forget to click on "SAVE" once you have carried out this operation.
3.5 The options tab
In the "Options" tab of your Houzz feed, check the various points and modify them if needed. For more details about this tab, consult our tutorial "Options" tab.
3.6 Check the attributes in your updated feed
To check the data sent to the distributer, consult the optimised feed. All the updating that you have done in Lengow will be visible IMMEDIATELY (automatic rules, search/replace, matching etc.).
Note: Check your updated feed as often as possible to reassure yourself that your parameters have been correctly applied to your new products.
4. Integration of your catalogue on Houzz
4.1 Products creation
If the data in your optimized feed is adequate and complies with Houzz requirements, you can send your products to Houzz .
To do this, you will have to send the URL of your optimised feed to Houzz and ask them to create your products.
4.2 Products update
The update of your product data is done through an upload of your catalog on Houzz FTP. You must enter your API IDs in Lengow in order to activate the update of your product data. To do this, you need to go to "Feed Management" > "API login" tab :
Contact your Houzz account manager to obtain your Houzz Login and Password.
Once you enter your API logins our product catalog is automatically uploaded on Houzz FTP every day around 8.00 am.
5. Delete or stop advertising a product
If you want to stop avdertising a product on houzz.fr, three solutions exist. You can choose one of the following:
- Add a segmentation to exclude the product of your optimised feed
- Deactivate the product in "Product Management" tab
- Remove the product from your source feed
6. Contact Houzz
Sonia Taourghi – Product & Content Houzz France : firstname.lastname@example.org