1. Introduction – How to manage your Olapic stock feed on Lengow
This guide explains how to configure and manage your Olapic feed. Before starting to set the parameters for your feed, please note the following recommendations.
Here are the steps you need to follow to advertise your products and to retrieve your Olapic orders:
- Create a Olapic accounts (this is essential if your products are to be advertised)
- Ask Lengow customer support to create the Olapic feed
- Separate out the products that you don’t want to send
- Complete the "Field Matching" in order to match your source feed fields with the existing Olapic fields
- Change the values of your feed source by using automatic rules and/or search-replace to adapt them to the publisher’s expectations
- Set up the options for tracking your stock (indexing frequency, alerts etc.)
- Tell your Olapic account manager that you are ready to go
- Fill in your API username and password to launch the distribution of your products
All these actions are detailed below.
2 Open your Olapic data feed in Lengow
2.1 Categories specifics
Before asking for a Olapic feed in Lengow, be sure to have a field for each category level in your source feed (4 levels max are allowed).
If you have a category field that contains all your levels of categories (such as breadcrumb) it would not be possible to set up your Olapic feed. If you are concerned by this case, please contact our customer support.
2.2 Open your Olapic data feed
Ask for the creation of a new feed in Lengow.
Search for the title “Olapic”.
Alternatively, look for the European flag in the “Affiliation” section and then choose the Olapic feed.
3. Set up your Olapic feed
Olapic asks merchants to use specific attributes in order to reference the products in their marketplace. You therefore need to duplicate these attributes in your Lengow source feed.
3.1 Creating a feed segmentation
Before starting to change your attributes, first you need to filter your products so that you don’t send to Olapic:
- The products that you do not wish to send to Olapic.
3.2 Match the fields
In order to proceed with the field matching, you need to go to the page “Feed Management” then “Field matching”:
Check the field matching and complete any missing information. Read the field definitions carefully.
Be sure to provide valid EAN codes (8 or 13 characters).
3.3 Configuring variants
Olapic only supports colours variant.
To manage colours variants, two fields need to be matched in the “Feed management” > “Field matching” tab:
- "Product/ParentID": This field must contain the parent identities of your variant products (the parent identifier is an identifier that links all variants of a product).
- "Product/Color": This filed must contain the colour of products that are offered in different colours.
Note: Parent products are required for your colours variants.
3.4 The options tab
In the “Options” tab of your Olapic feed, check the various points and modify them if needed. For more details about this tab, consult our tutorial "Options" tab.
3.5 Check the attributes in your updated feed
To check the data sent to the distributer, consult the optimised feed. All the updating that you have done in Lengow will be visible IMMEDIATELY (automatic rules, search/replace, matching etc.).
Comment: Check your updated feed as often as possible to reassure yourself that your parameters have been correctly applied to your new products.
4. Integration of your catalogue on the Olapic site
If the data in your updated feed is adequate and complies with the Olapic requirements, you can send your products to Olapic.
4.1 Contact Olapic for the integration of your products
To inform Olapic that you are ready to send them your products, please contact your Olapic account manager.
Olapic will give you your login API id.
4.2 Enter the API user name, password and host
You must enter your API user name and password in Lengow in order to be able to send your product catalogue to Olapic. To do this, you need to go to “Feed Management” and then the “API login” tab:
- Login : Olapic gives it to you
- Password : Olapic gives it to you
- Folder : Olapic gives it to you
Remember to save by clicking on “APPLY”.
Comment: When you have entered your API user name and password, you products will automatically be created on Olapic.
4.3 Sending/uploading your catalogue
The optimised feed is sent to Olapic everyday at 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, 9:00 et 11:00 in the morning.
5. Delete or stop advertising a product
You can delete one or more product advertisements directly from Lengow. To do this, you must use Olapic’s field "Product@removed" and put the attribute “true” in this field. This will ensure that the product is removed from Olapic.
Note: If the field is empty, the default value is "false".
Here is how you do it:
1/ Create a virtual field "Olapic_removed" in “Feed Management” > “Source feed” tab.
2/ Match the field with the Olapic field of the same name in “Feed Management” > “Field matching” tab. Save by clicking on “Save Modifications” at the bottom of the page.
3 / There are two possible options here:
- Search for your product in “Product Management” and open the product file. At the bottom of the product file, put “true” in the "Olapic_removed" field . Save :
- Make an automatic rule as follows (The example given is for product 67 in the catalogue. Make sure to change it according to you needs.):
The “true” information will be automatically included in the updated feed sent to Olapic.
Comment: To delete your entire catalogue, go to "Feed Management” > “Field matching”:
- Remove any matches in the “Merchant Fields” column of the "Product@removed" field, if you had previously set one up.
- Put “true” in the “Personalized Field” column of Menlook’s "Product@removed" field.