1. Introduction – How to manage your Privalia stock feed on Lengow
This guide explains how to configure and manage your Privalia feed. Before starting to set the parameters for your feed, please note the following recommendations.
Privalia is an outlet marketplace. Only products with a discount of 30% or more will be referenced on Privalia website.
Here are the steps you need to follow to advertise your products and to retrieve your Privalia orders:
- Contact Privalia to know if you are eligible to sell your products on their website.
- Create your online shop on Mirakl (this is essential if your products are to be advertised).
- Ask Lengow customer support to create a Privalia feed.
- Set up the options for tracking your stock (indexing frequency, alerts etc.).
- Complete the "Field Matching" in order to match your source feed fields with the existing Privalia fields.
- Change the values of your feed source by using automatic rules and/or search-replace to adapt them to the publisher’s expectations.
- Organise your categories so that they correspond with the Privalia categories.
- Separate out the products that you don’t want to advertise or that don’t belong in your chosen Privalia category.
- Tell your Privalia account manager that you are ready to go.
- Fill in your API username and password to launch the distribution of your products.
- Manage your orders.
All these actions are detailed below.
2. Open your Privalia data feed in Lengow
On 18th May, 2016, Privalia is available for Spain and Italy. Brasil and Mexico will come later. Contact your Privalia account manager to obtain more information on this.
Search for the title "Privalia IT" and select it.
Alternatively, look for the Italian flag in the "Marketplace" section and then choose the Privalia IT feed.
Now let’s see how to set up one of them.
3. Set up your Privalia feed
Privalia asks merchants to use specific attributes in order to reference the products in their marketplace. You therefore need to adapt these attributes from your Lengow source feed.
3.1 Creating a feed segmentation
Before starting to change your attributes, first you need to filter your products so that you don’t send to Privalia :
- The products that you do not wish to sell in this marketplace
- The products in your feed that do not match the type of products normally found in the Privalia category
- "Parent products", if your source feed contains any
3.2 Match the fields
Privalia requires a particular feed structure. In order to proceed with the field matching, you need to go to the page "Feed Management" > "Field matching":
Check the "Field matching" and complete any missing information. Read the field definitions carefully and there you will find:
- The field name.
- The field definition.
- An example, if there is one.
- Whether the field is required or optional. A "required" field needs an attribute to be input so that the product can be created or updated.
- Whether it is a free text field or whether specific attributes are required. If specific attributes are required, you will see the following message: "Des valeurs sont imposées pour ce champ (liste disponible dans notre guide diffuseur)" (= "Attributes are required in this field (list available in our distributors guide)"). You will find here a file for each category. If you are using a field that requires valid attributes, it is compulsory to change the attributes in your source feed. If these attributes are not in your source feed, you must change them using search/replace or automatic rules (See here how to read this file).
- If the field is used to create your products this is then shown as "Champ du flux produit") or to update them (this is not shown as "Champ du flux produit")
3.3 Set up your special offers / sales
As a reminder, only products with a discount of 30% or more will be referenced by Privalia. It is therefore obligatory to offer promotional prices.
Go to the "Feed Management" tab > "Field matching", and carry out the following matching.
Excluding promotion and sales period, these fields should be filled in:
- C21-RRP_WO_VAT : Input the pre-discount price of your product without VAT. Warning! This field is part of the "product" feed, it can no longer be modified once the product is created. You must approach your Privalia account executive if you wish to modify this data at a later stage.
- price : Fill in the sale price of your product here This price must be at least 30% less than the one indicated in the "C21-RRP_WO_VAT" field.
To know which fields to fill in for promotion and sales events, please read our dedicated guide.
3.4 Configure your shipping costsUse the field "C15-SELLER_PRODUCT_CATEGORY" in the "Field Matching" tab to input the shipping costs for your products. This data must be filled in so that your products can be created on Privalia. Refer to the list of valid attributes in the appendix to know the shipping cost values accepted by Privalia (example: 6_95_EUR).
3.5 Set up product variations
Privalia accepts size and/or color product variations.
3.5.1 Create a segmentation
3.5.2 Fill in the values of your variations
To manage your variations, three fields need to be filled in in "Source feed" > "Field matching" :
- "C04-PHYS_REF": This field must contain your parent identifiers (a common identifier for all the variations of a product). This data is obligatory if the product has variations.
- "C06-COLOR": This field must contain the color of your products. This data is mandatory if the product is varied by color.
- "C18-SIZE": This field must contain the size of your products. This data is mandatory if the product is varied by size. If the product is not varied by size, the expected value for this field is shown in the definition of the field.
3.6 Enter attribute values for your products
The fields "COLOR-C06" and "C17-GENDER" require mandatory values (the values of the field "C18-SIZE" are free), so you need to realize a correspondence between the values of your source feed and those of Privalia.
To complete your products' attribute values, proceed as follows:
At the tab "Feed Management" > tab "Field Matching", match the fields "color", "size", "brand" and "product_target" with the correspondents from your source feed fields .
Then, at the tab "Feed Management" > "Variations", carry out the correspondence between the values contained in your source feed and those accepted by Privalia .
Here is the correspondence between the tab "Field Matching" and the tab "Variations". The values that you map in the tab "Variations" will move back up into different fields of your optimised feed, as below:
- Field "C06-COLOR": tab "Privalia Colors" (mandatory attribute)
- Field "C17-GENDER": tab "Privalia Types" (mandatory attribute)
3.7 Category mapping
In order to correctly categorise your products on Privalia, use the Privalia taxonomy so that your categories match those of the Privalia marketplace. To carry out this mapping, go to the tab "Product Management":
- Open the Privalia taxonomy
- Search for your category in the taxonomy (press " Ctrl+F " to search for your desired key word)
- Click on the corresponding line
- Click on "SAVE"
Don’t forget to click on "SAVE" once you have carried out this operation.
3.8 The options tab
In the "Options" tab of your Privalia feed, check the various points and modify them if needed. For more details about this tab, consult our tutorial "Options tab".
3.9 Check the attributes in your updated feed
To check the data sent to the channel, consult the optimised feed. All the updating that you have done in Lengow will be visible IMMEDIATELY (automatic rules, search/replace, matching etc.).
Comment: Check your updated feed as often as possible to reassure yourself that your parameters have been correctly applied to your new products.
4. Integration of your catalogue on the Privalia site
If the data in your updated feed is adequate and complies with the Privalia requirements, you can send your products to Privalia. To do this, you must:
- Check that there are no rules in your Mirakl Privalia
- Enter the API username and password in Lengow
- Consult the integration report
Just to remind you, your Privalia vendor shop must be created in your Mirakl interface in order to advertise your products on Privalia. Contact your Privalia account manager if you need any help with this subject.
4.1 Mirakl configuration assistant
If you have created rules with the help of the configuration assistant in your Mirakl Privalia interface, your special offers and products feeds may be blocked and they might not be sent. To avoid this problem, no rules must be present in your Mirakl Privalia.
If these rules seem to be necessary (for products that are not present in your Lengow feed but which are still appearing online on Privalia) ask Privalia to help you to find a solution.
If all of your products are set up via Lengow, delete them (in case of doubt, contact your Privalia account manager)
4.2 Enter the API IDs
You must enter your API IDs in Lengow in order to be able to send your product catalogue to Privalia. To do this, you need to go to "Feed Management" > "API login" tab:
- Mirakl_key : Enter your API key here. To get it, log in to your Mirakl interface, click on your email address in the upper right ("My account") and then on "API key". If your API key has been changed, you also need to change it in your Lengow account. Here is an example of an API key: b36a2665-109a-4135-a0f0-460d70568ca4.
- Mirakl_storeid : Enter your Mirakl reference here. To find it, connect to your Mirakl interface and click on "Boutique" then "Paramètres" (visible at the top of the page: identifiant: XXXX).
Remember to save by clicking on "APPLY".
Comment: You sell your products on different countries? Be careful to fill in the correct Mirakl identifier for your shop (Mirakl_storeid)! If you sell your products on more than one country, you then have several shops. A Mirakl identifier belongs to each of your shops. If you fill in the same Mirakl identifier on different feeds within Lengow, errors will occur during product creation and orders retrieval on Lengow.
The API key (Mirakl_key) remains the same in any way.
4.3 Sending/uploading your product catalogue
Two distinct feeds are sent to Privalia:
- Products feed: it enables the integration and creation of your products. It is sent to Privalia once a day around 1.30 am. If your products are free from errors, they will be created in Privalia and appear online in 48 hours, after the product feeds are sent.
Note : You have to inform your Privalia account manager if you upload a new products catalogue.
- Offers feed: it enables prices, stock etc. to be updated. It is sent to Privalia once an hour. When the offers feed is received by Privalia, the Privalia site is updated almost immediately.
4.4 Products and special offers integration reports
Products and offers integration reports allow you to check that your products (products feed) and updates (offers feed) have been correctly integrated into the Privalia site.
These reports only contain the products in your catalogue that have been rejected by Privalia. For each of your products that has an error, Privalia specifies the reason for the rejection.
Integration reports for products and offers are available and could be downloaded :
- Within Lengow in "Feed Management" > "Indexing history" tab > click on the blue link "Report"
- Products feed report : Type = "products_mirakl"
- Offers feed report : Type = "offers_mirakl"
- Within your Privalia Mirakl interface. Here is how to reach those reports :
- Offers feed report : "My inventory" tab > "Import From File" > "Monitor offer imports"
- Products feed report : "My inventory" tab > "Import From File" > "Monitor product imports"
5. Stop advertising/delete a product
5.1 Stop advertising a product
Lengow can only update the products that are present in your source feed.
In order to deactivate, i.e. stop selling, a product that is online on the Privalia site, set the quantity to "0" in Lengow (for example, either by using an automatic rule or in the product file).
ATTENTION: If the product is no longer sent to Privalia, without having set the quantity to "0", the offer will remain visible on Privalia and the latest stock information available to Privalia will be displayed.
By default, Privalia works by updating data rather than by overwriting it.
Lengow has put in place a security system that allows you to keep your products visible "virtually" when they have disappeared from your source feed. They are kept in the category « virtual products », in the "Product Management" tab. However, in order to avoid problems of over selling, make sure to keep the out of stock products in your source feed for 1 to 2 days with the quantity set to 0. This will ensure that the "produit indisponible" information (= unavailable product) is sent to Privalia.
5.2 Delete a product
You can delete one or more product of your Privalia Mirakl back office directly from Lengow. To do this, you need to enter the value "delete" within the "Update-Delete" field.
Here is how you do that:
1/ Create a virtual field "Privalia_update_delete" in "Feed Management" > "Source feed" tab.
2/ Go in "Feed Management" > "Field matching" and match this field "Privalia_update_delete" with Privalia "Update-Delete"'s field. Save by clicking on "Save Modifications" at the bottom of the page.
3/ There are two possible options here:
- Search for your product in "Product Management" and open the product file. At the bottom of the product file, put "delete" in the "Privalia_update_delete" field . Save :
- Make an automatic rule as follows (The example given is for product 67 in the catalogue. Make sure to change it according to you needs.):
The "delete" information will be automatically included in the updated feed sent to Privalia. The products will then disappear from your Mirakl interface.
Note: If you want to delete your entire catalogue, go to "Feed Management" > "Field matching", remove any matches in the "Merchant Fields" column of the "update-delete" field, if you had previously set one up. Put "delete" in the "Personalized Field" column of Privalia’s "update-delete" field.
6. Order management
6.1 Order retrieval times
Lengow retrieves orders made on the Privalia site once an hour.
6.2 Order processing
1 / When a new order is made on Privalia, it appears in Lengow in the "New Order" tab. At this stage, you can either:
Accept the order: it will then appears as waiting for expedition ("Orders waiting for shipment" tab
Refuse the order: it will be automatically referred back to Privalia as a cancelled order. This order does not need to be dealt with; the client will be notified by Privalia that his/her command has been cancelled.
Comment 1: It is possible to automate this step by automatically accepting orders. To do this, go to the "Order Management" tab, > "Orders automation" tab > tick the box "Privalia".
Save by clicking on "Save Settings".
Attention: When activating this option, you must be certain that you will be able to honour all your orders.
2 / When your order appears in the "Orders waiting for shipment" tab, you must prepare the order and send it to the customer. When this has been done, confirm the expedition. The order will then show in the "Orders Sent" tab.
If you have chosen tracked delivery as the delivery method, it is at this stage that you need to fill in the carrier’s details and the tracking number of the package.
Comment 2: If you are using one of our modules or our web-service to import orders into your e-commerce back office, you can import the order into your back office from the "SHIPPING" status ("Orders waiting for shipment" tab). When you have deal with the order and confirmed the expedition in your back office, the order will appear automatically in the "Orders Sent" tab in Lengow.
3 / Once your order is in the "Orders Sent" tab, we inform Privalia that the order has been sent to the customer. Privalia then informs the customer that the order has been sent.
6.3 Cancellation of an order
To cancel an order after the first acceptance stage, you must contact your Privalia account manager.
6.4 The different order statuses of your Privalia orders
Your Privalia orders appear in a number of different tabs in Lengow during their processing:
- New Orders
- Orders waiting for shipment
- Orders sent
- Orders canceled
In each tab, different statuses can be seen underneath the Privalia order number.
Here is an explanation, by tab, for each possible status. For more details on this subject, please contact your Privalia account manager:
6.4.1 New orders
- "WAITING_ACCEPTANCE": "waiting for acceptance" status. It’s during this status that you accept or refuse the order.
- "WAITING_DEBIT": The payment request for the order is in progress.
- "WAITING_DEBIT_PAYMENT": Payment for the order is in progress.
6.4.2 Orders waiting for shipment
- "SHIPPING": The order has not yet been dispatched. It is during this status that you confirm the dispatch or the order.
- "INCIDENT_OPEN": The customer has opened a dispute; go to your Mirakl Privalia to deal with this.
- "INCIDENT_CLOSED": The dispute with the customer has been closed.
- "WAITING_REFUND": A refund request is in progress; go to your Mirakl Privalia to deal with this.
- "WAITING_REFUND_PAYMENT": The refund for the order is in progress.
6.4.3 Orders sent
- "SHIPPED": The order has been sent and is being delivered.
- "RECEIVED": The customer has received the order.
- "CLOSED": The customer has received the order and has not opened a dispute.
6.4.4 Orders canceled
- "CANCELED": The order has been canceled by the merchant or by the customer. "REFUNDED": The order has been refunded.
- "REFUSED": The merchant has refused the order.
7. Contact Privalia
Andrea Carobolante ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) : Use this email address to start a contract with Privalia IT.
email@example.com : Use this email address if you face any issues when sending/uploading your product catalogue.
firstname.lastname@example.org : Use this email address for any issues/questions you may have after your product catalogue integration.