Summer French sales is coming! Time for you to have your comparison shopping site feeds ready.
- French Sales start on June 26, 2019 until August 06, 2019.
We recommend you to get in touch with each comparison shopping website to make sure you have all information you need to take part in Summer sales this year and to know exactly how to proceed.
- You will find hereafter useful tips to have your sales ready on time.
- Specific requirements for Le Guide, Kelkoo, Cherchons, Twenga, Google Shopping and PureShopping sites
Some of these channels might have a dedicated field that needs to be filled in to display on sale products. For example, you must fill in the “Type of promotion” field that you will find in Le Guide “Feed management > Field matching” area. For some other channels you will have to indicate both the “sales / on sale” expression in the product title or description and a striked price.
Tip n°1 : identify / isolate your on sale products
You can choose among several options :
- You can either add a new column in your source feed that will display some values such as 1 for on sale products and 0 for not on sale products
- Or you can decide to sell off products according to many criteria such as their category, their stock, their price…
- You can also compare your product crossed-out price and price through an automatic rule if you have this information in your source feed as shown in the example below :
You will then be able to create automatic rules according to one of these parameters to display sales on comparison shopping sites.
Tip n°2 : Add « on-sale / Sales » expression in both titles and descriptions
To make sure your clients will easily see your products which are on sale, some comparison shopping sites ask that you add the term "Soldes" at the beginning or at the end of the title and the description. We recommend that you contact the account manager of the comparison shopping sites where your products are published to know their preference (For example, Twenga, Kelkoo, Google Shopping and Idealo do not allow these terms in the titles and/or description).
Here is an example of an automatic rule that would suit this process :
If your product crossed-out price is higher than its current price you will then write “En Soldes- ”or “Soldes – “ / "On-Sale" or "Sales - " according to the country (in which you sell your products) before both the title and the description.
You have then to set up a time period for this rule running from June 26, 2019 and will end on August 06, 2019. Please make sure you fill this automatic rule with your own source feed data.
Tip n°3: Crossed-Out price & Price before discount
You will need both a crossed-out price and a (discount) price in your source feed. To make sure your products will be displayed on sale, you will have to match these fields with those required by the comparison shopping site. You will do this in “Feed management > Field matching” area in Lengow.
Please contact us if you need any further assistance at this stage.
2. Le Guide
Deadline for submission of offers: The latest recovery of the sales offers of LeGuide is at 23:00 pm on 25/06/2019 (the night before the beginning of sales).
Your sales offers will be indexed by LeGuide every 4 hours.
To display sales on Le Guide website, both fields below must be filled in:
- « prix » the discount price of your products
- « prix_barre»: the previous / higher price you will compare your current price with. This price should have been displayed on Le Guide site prior to the sales start-date to make sure it will be taken into account by Le Guide.
2.1 What you will need to do on Le Guide feed in Lengow
In the Field matching area for Le Guide, please make sure that:
- Le Guide “prix” field should be matched with the current discount price field from your source feed.
- Le Guide « prix_barre » field should be matched with the current crossed-out price field from your source feed.
2.2 Get in touch with Le Guide
Contact Le Guide through the following e-mail email@example.com.
For Summer Sales in 2019, we inform you that in order to comply with the legislation that allows the display of sales from June 26, 8:00, Kelkoo will cut all updates between June 25, 15:00 and June 26, 08:00.
You can therefore make your feed available during this period, offers will not appear before June 26, 08:00.
To display sales on Kelkoo, the 3 fields below should be filled in :
- « price »: discount price
- « price-no-rebate »: crossed-out price that should have been displayed on your website prior to the sales start date.
- « occasion »: You should indicate « 1 » in this field for on sale products only.
3.1 What you will need to do on Kelkoo feed in Lengow
3.1.1 Kelkoo « price » and «price-no-rebate” fields
In the Field matching area, please make sure:
- Kelkoo « price » field is matched with the discount price field from your source feed
- Kelkoo «price-no-rebate” field is matched with the crossed-out price field from your source feed
3.1.2 Kelkoo « occasion » field
You have 2 ways to fill this field in:
- If you already have the value “1” for on sale products in your source feed, you just have to match this field with Kelkoo “occasion” field and you don’t have anything left to do to : your sales are ready to be displayed on Kelkoo.
- If you don’t have this kind of value in your source feed, you will then have to follow the following steps :
22.214.171.124 Virtual field creation
You have to create a virtual feed you will name « Kelkoo_occasion » in the “Feed management > Field Matching” area.
126.96.36.199 Field matching
You should now match this new virtual feed with Kelkoo « occasion » field in the Field matching area.
188.8.131.52 Automatic rule
You will need to adapt the value you will put in this field to make sure you are ok with what Kelkoo requires. This is why you will create an automatic rule that will set the value “1” for all on sale products.
You will also set a time period running from June 26th until August 08th 2019. (Please make sure that the rule condition will only apply on on-sale products).
3.2 Kelkoo Documentation
To make sure your discounted products are displayed from 8:00 on June 26, 2019, Cherchons.com needs to receive your sales feed from 18:00 on June 24, 2019 until 08:00 on June 25, 2019 at the latest.
To display sales on Cherchons, the 3 fields below should be filled in:
- “prix”: this field must contain your current selling price (VAT incl.)
- “prix barre”: crossed-out price (it must have been displayed on your website prior to the sales start-date to make sure it will be taken into account by Cherchons)
- “solde”: this has to contain the value « 1 » for on sale products.
4.1 What you will need to do on Cherchons feed in Lengow
4.1.1 Cherchons «prix» and «prix barre» fields
Make sure when you go to « Feed management » > « Field matching » in Lengow that:
- Cherchons « prix » field is matched with the current / discount price field form your source feed
- Cherchons « prix Barre » field is matched with the crossed-out price field from your source feed
4.1.2 Cherchons « solde » field
- If you have the value “1” for on sale products in your source feed, you just have to match this field with Cherchons “solde” field and you don’t have anything left to do to have your sales ready on Cherchons.
- If you don’t have this kind of value in your source feed, you will then have to follow the following steps:
184.108.40.206 Virtual field creation
You have to create a virtual field you will name « Cherchons_solde » in the Feed management > Field matching area.
220.127.116.11 Field matching
You will then match this virtual field with Cherchons « solde » field in the Field matching area.
18.104.22.168 Automatic rule
You will need then to adapt the value you will put in this field to make sure it is ok with what Cherchons requires. This is why you will create an automatic rule that will set the value “1” for all on sale products.
You will also set a time period running from the day your reduced prices are in your feed as a start date (Cherchons will get your discounted products from 18:00 on June 24, 2019) until 08:00 on June 25, 2019 at the latest. (Please make sure that the rule condition will only apply on on-sale products).
Happy sales on Cherchons.com!
To display on-sale products on Google Shopping, you will need to fill in these 3 fields below:
- “Sale price” : the current, discount price of your products
- “Price” : the previous, higher price of your products
- “Sale price effective date”: time period during which Summer sales will apply: it should contain both beginning- and end-dates. You have to follow this exact formula when you fill this in: “2019-06-26T08:00-0200/2019-08-06T23:00-0200”. If you use this field, Google recommends you to optimize your feed at least 7 days before the first day of the sales period to make sure changes are taken into account.
Please make sure you use the right time zone in this formula
If you have regular discounts on your products, and not only during the official sales period, you can set a longer time period for all the related products such as: "2019-06-26T08:00-0200/2019-08-06T23:00-0200"
Make sure to adapt the time zone according to your location (for example: 0100 matchs the French time zone for the Summer sales and 0200 matchs to the summer time in France).
Note: Your original prices'll be only visible on mobile devices.
5.1 What you will need to do on Google - Online Products feed in Lengow
Here is the « official » way of displaying sales on Google Shopping website sales. You can also decide to do it another way though you will still have to make sure the 3 fields we discussed previously are properly filled in.
5.1.1 Virtual field creation
First you will create two virtual fields in the “« Feed Management > Source feed” and name it this way :
5.1.2 Match the appropriate fields
In the Field matching area, you will then match them with Google fields this way:
- Google « sale price » field will be matched with your « GoogleShopping_SalePrice” » virtual field.
- Google « sale price effective date » field will be matched with your “GoogleShopping_SalePriceEffectiveDate” virtual field.
5.1.3 Automatic rules
Once your virtual fields are both created and matched, you will set an automatic rule to display sales on Google Shopping:
- 1/ Crossed-prices from your source feed will become usual prices in the google feed
- 2/ Discount prices from your source feed will become “Google shopping sale price”
- 3/ Google sale price effective date will become (exactly) : 2019-06-26T08:00-0200/2019-08-06T23:00-0200
You will finally set up a time period running from the 26th of June 2019 until the 06th of August 2019 (please make sure the related rule will apply only on on-sale products)
5.2 Double check your sale parameters
Once you’ve been through each of these steps, please make sure you check the optimized feed that Google will use to display sales.
- Google “sale price” field should be matched with your reduced prices
- Google “price” field should be matched with your regular prices
- Google “sale price effective date” field should contain both beginning and end dates and follow this exact structure: 2019-06-26T08:00-0200/2019-08-06T23:00-0200
Keep in mind that you only have to fill in the Google “price” field for products that are not on promotion.
5.3 Advice on preparing for sales from Google
5.3.1 Preparing your campaigns
Over the sale period, prices are attractive and stocks are often limited. Internet users know this, and have a tendency to log on immediately (wherever they are and with whatever device available) to make the most of good deals or to shop around. So don't hesitate to drive up the mobile bidding from the beginning of this during this crucial period in order to be present on all devices used by Internet users. Google help centre link.
Drive up your bids over the sale period specifically for audiences who know your website and/or who have already bought from you in the past. Aim: to keep hold of this audience over the sale period when the majority of advertisers increase their visibility with attractive product prices. Google help centre link.
22.214.171.124 Optimising CPC (eCPC)
Deactivate eCPC the day before the sales to have a better control over bids on the day. Google help centre link.
126.96.36.199 Differentiation of your ads
Use product ratings to increase your CTR and capture more qualified traffic. Google help centre link.
5.3.2 Tracking and optimistions
Over highly seasonal periods, particularly those as short as sale periods, a more frequent tracking (tracking daily or many times in a day) is necessary to adjust targeting and especially the bids according to the results, the competition and the product stocks.
188.8.131.52 Diagnostic of Merchant Centre feed
Merchant Centre platform: Avoid feed suspensions and monitor refused products with a more frequent tracking during the sale period. Avoid problems blocking the publication of a product on Google Shopping that are due to account configuration, feed processing the quality of data or non-respect of regulations by clicking on the "Diagnostic" tab in the Merchant Centre. Google help centre link.
184.108.40.206 Lost impressions share (budget)
Adwords platform: Follow the shopping results by using impression share reports (budget). Make sure that the budgets on the campaign level are able to cover the volume of requests during the sale period, particularly in the first hours and first days. Google help centre link.
220.127.116.11 Lost impression share (rank)
Adwords platform: Follow the shopping results by using the impression share reports (rank) at the most granular level possible, particularly for 1) product category and 2) by personalised label (if in place in your campaigns). Increase your bids for products that you hope to drive up in terms of impressions so that your advertisement is published more often. Google help centre link.
18.104.22.168 "Variables" shopping tab
Adwords platform: The "Variables" tab provides reports on performances personalised at all levels of precision and according to each selected variable. These reports will provide you with details that could potentially direct your decisions and optimisations. Google help centre link.
Happy sales on Google!
In order for your sale prices to appear at the start of the sale (June 26, 2019 at 08:00), Pureshopping requests that the sale prices be received before 02:00 on June 25, 2019.
Be careful, the final collection of feeds not on sale will be on June 25, at 02:00.
The sales offers must not be transmitted before the day before the official opening of the sales (ie 24/06/2019 in the afternoon). If not, contact PureShopping.
For the configuration of your feed, follow our initial advice.
For your sale configuration on Twenga, this field must be inputted:
- ‘price’: this field must contain the purchase price of your product.
To get ready for the sales, your sales price must be in the "price" field between June 25,2019 at 3:00 pm and June 26, 2019 at 2:00 am. Twenga will detect the amount drops to display your products resulted in strikethrough prices.
- ‘regular_price’: this field is ignored by Twenga during the sales.
- ‘item_display’: If new products must be referenced for the sale on Twenga, add them from now and until June 21,2019 inclusive. Those products must be added to the Smart Leads feed with the price before sale and input 0 as a value for the 'item_display' field, for as long as they need to be hidden. During the update for the sale period, change the value from the ‘item_display’ field to 1 and fill in the sale price.
- ‘designation’: do not change the title of your product, as this would prevent the discounts from being applied to the front layout.
- ‘description’: you may add a promotional text in this field
7.1 The purchase price field
Under the ‘Field Matching’ tab, ensure that:
- The Twenga ‘Price’ field is matched with the purchase price field of your source feed
7.2 The ‘item_display’ field
There are two possibilities for the ‘item_display’ field:
- Your source feed already contains the value expected by Twenga:
‘0’ = the product must not be visible on Twenga
‘1’= the product must be visible on Twenga
You may match this field with the ‘item_display’ field under the ‘Field Matching’ tab of your Twenga feed.
In this case, you have completed the configuration of your sales with Twenga.
- Your source feed does not contain this value, you must, therefore, follow these steps:
7.2.1 Creating a virtual field
Creating a virtual field by going into Feed Management, under the ‘Source Feed’ tab. Name this field the ‘Twenga_item_display’.
7.2.2 The Field Matching
Match the virtual field created with Twenga’s ‘item_display’ under the ‘Field Matching’ tab.
7.2.3 The automatic rules
You must then change the ‘item_display’ field with the value expected by Twenga:
1) Create an initial automatic rule to input the value of ‘0’ in this virtual field for the products that must not be broadcasted.
Activate a period of application for this automatic rule by inputting the today’s date as the starting date, and the 25/06/2019 as the closing date. (Be careful as to the condition of the automatic rule by ensuring it only affects the products that you will put under sale from the 26/06/2019, but that you do not wish to broadcast on Twenga until that date, with the reduced prices).
2) Create a second automatic rule to input into this virtual field the value of ‘1’ for the products that must be broadcasted.
Activate a period of application for this rule by inputting the 26/06/2019 as the starting date, and the 19/02/2019 as the closing date, if you would like to broadcast these products throughout the entirety of the sale period. (Be careful as to the condition of the automatic rule by ensuring that it only affects the products that you will put under sale as of the 26/06/2019).
7.3 The ‘designation’ and ‘description’ fields
Twenga does not accept any modifications on these fields.
Unlike other price-comparison sites, you do not need to modify the values of theses field for the duration of the sale period.
8. Bing Ads
Sales configuration on Bing Ads is the same as Google Shopping.
In order to anticipate sales with Bing, be aware that:
- Price updates for an existing product in the Bing Shopping feed will take a few hours (around 6h).
- the publication of a new product in the Bing Shopping feed can take up to 3 days.