Get ready and prepare your La Redoute French Sales in Lengow!
Sales on La Redoute start on June 26th 2019 Until August 06th, 2019.
ONLY your Sale offers must be sent to LaRedoute before June, 12 2019 at 18:00
Any feed offer sent after this date will not be guaranteed for the launch and will not be able to benefit from the sticker SOLDES.
Your products will be sold from the second day of the Sales on La Redoute. For more information about this, please contact your La Redoute account manager.
1. Law about sales
We hereby inform you that the French Decree dated December 31, 2008 on prices reduction was revoked.
As a reminder, this decree provided that the crossed price to indicate during sale or price reduction periods has to be the lowest price used during the 30 days preceding the beginning of the sale (ie December 11th).
As from now, you may freely decide the cross price you will display, provided that:
- This price shall not be deemed as an unfair trading practice (for instance, the price shall have been used and for a significant period of time).
- You must be able to justify, in case of control, of the reality of the crossed price you used.
2. Sending sales offer
2.1 To ensure proper integration of your mark-downs on the website
To ensure optimum merchandising (sticker “Soldes”, boosting products in the lists pages, etc..) La Redoute awaits your offers feed with only your sales offer until June, 12 2019 at 18:00
Any feed offers sent after this date will not receive the sticker “Soldes” (this has no impact on the successful integration of your mark-downs).
3. Feed configuration
According to the process expected from LaRedoute, there are a few steps to follow within the Lengow solution in order to get your feed ready for the sales period.
3.1 Prepare your feed to be sent before the the 12th of June 2019
To send your sales to LaRedoute, you have to match 4 fields within the “Field Matching” tab in your LaRedoute feed.
- « SellingPriceAmount »
- « PrixBarre »
- « OfferPeriodStartDate »
- « OfferPeriodEndDate »
You should match the « SellingPriceAmount » field from La Redoute with the field of your source feed which contains your sale prices.
You should match the « PrixBarre » field from La Redoute with the crossed-out price from your source feed.
188.8.131.52 « OfferPeriodStartDate » & « OfferPeriodEndDate » fields
You should indicate a starting date within the « OfferPeriodStartDate » field from LaRedoute and an ending date within the « OfferPeriodEndDate » field from LaRedoute.
LaRedoute is expecting values which should absolutely correspond to the following naming: YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss (be careful to keep the letter “T” present between the date and the time).
- If your source feed includes fields with the right LaRedoute nomenclature then you can match them with the « OfferPeriodStartDate » et « OfferPeriodEndDate » fields from LaRedoute.
- If you do not have such fields within your source feed, then, you have to create 2 new columns through the “Source feed” tab in Lengow. Name those new columns as following:
- LaRedoute_ OfferPeriodStartDate
Once you created those 2 fields, match them in the « Field Matching » tab with the correct fields:
You may have two scenarii:
- If you have a specific field within your source feed to export your coming sale prices without modifying your current price (those you are actually using on other channels), then match it with the « SellingPriceAmount » from LaRedoute.
Note: If you use one of our e-commerce plugins (Prestashop, Magento, Woo Commerce, or other…), it is not possible to get a specific field with the sale prices before the sale period begin. To get this field you need to precede a specific development on your own. Lengow will not take charge of this development.
- If you do not have a specific field with the coming sale prices, you may create an automatic rule in order to apply a discount rate to your current prices. In the next example, we apply a 20% discount rate to all the products. Pay close attention to the automatic rule condition, in order to only impact products that you want to promote later on-sale.
You should create an automatic rule to send starting and ending dates only for sale products. «OfferPeriodStartDate » and « OfferPeriodEndDate » should be completed as follows:
- OffertPeriodStartDate : 2019-06-26T00:01:00
- OfferPeriodEndDate : 2019-08-07T00:01:00 (Even if Sales Ends on 2019-08-06 at 11:59 pm).
Pay close attention to the automatic rule condition, in order to only impact products that you want to propose on-sale later.
Products you have to send to LaRedoute before June, 12 2019 at 18:00 p.m must only be products with their sale price.
In order to match this LaRedoute criteria, create a feed segmentation to only send sale products (either you have a field that indicates sale products or you have to list your sale products).
3.1.5 Check the data
Download your optimised feed to check if your feed is ready to be sent to LaRedoute.
By this step, you should have in your optimized feed:
- Only products that would be on sale
- « SellingPriceAmount » field should contain sale price for on-sale products
- « PrixBarre » field should contain crossed-out prices for on-sale products
- « OfferPeriodStartDate » field should contain the 2019-06-26T00:01:00 value for all on-sale products
- « OfferPeriodEndDate » field should contain the 2019-08-07T00:01:00 value for all on-sale products
If your data does not meet the requirements, we invite you to follow the previous steps (detailed above).
If the optimised feed contains all the values detailed above, you may go to the next step.
3.1.6 Contact LaRedoute
Contact your LaRedoute account manager to let them know your feed is ready for this step and to make sure they received it well. To ease their analysis, send them 2 or 3 id that should be included within your sale feed.
The feed is sent every 4 hours to LaRedoute. We recommend you to check the « Indexing History » tab to be sure that your feed has been sent to LaRedoute.
3.2 Send the feed to update products until the sale period begins
Following the sending of your SALES Offers and when LaRedoute has validated its receipt, you can continue to update your prices until the first day of sales. For this, and to avoid overwriting your prices or setting up balances too early, here are the actions to take:
- Remove the filter you placed at the 3.1.4 step in order to send all your products to LaRedoute. If you placed another filter (within the Feed Segmentation tab) before this action, do not forget to replace it again!
- De-activate or erase automatic rules you created at steps 3.1.2 and /or 3.1.3
- Complete the « OfferPeriodEndDate » field from LaRedoute with the 2019-06-26T00:01:00 value, only for sale products.
To do so, create a new automatic rule to send this ending date for sale products exclusively.
Activate this rule on a defined period. It has to start today's date. Choose the 25th of June for the ending date. Pay close attention to the automatic rule condition, in order to only impact products that you want to propose later on sale.
- Prices that you send within « SellingPriceAmount » and « PrixBarre » fields should be prices from the non-sale period. Go back to the parameters you had before steps 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
3.3 Send your feed during the sale period
3.3.1 Field matching
Within the « Field matching » tab, match the following fields:
« OfferPeriodStartDate » and « OfferPeriodEndDate » fields from LaRedoute will be automatically completed by Lengow (respectively with today's date and today's +1 year), as requested by Le Redoute. You have to let these fields empty within the optimised feed for products you propose on sale.
Pay close attention the first day of the sale period to values within your optimised feed:
- Sale prices should be present in the « SellingPriceAmount » field.
- Crossed-out prices should be present in the « PrixBarre » field.
- « OfferPeriodStartDate » field should be empty for on sale products
- « OfferPeriodEndDate » field should be empty for on sale products
3.3.2 Specific Point: Feed Segmentation
This step does not require a specific filter. In addition to sale products, you also have to send non-sale products to LaRedoute, in order to update all the offers.
4. Lengow intervention
We don't proceed to injection values on demand (via csv file), we had too many side effects at the end of the sale periods (wrong price, sales prices exported when the sales are over…) causing too many errors. This requires you to go through a specific field in your raw field or through optimisations in Lengow (automatical rules).
6. Sales end
If you wish to continue on simple discounts and in order to avoid products unpublication the morning of Wednesday 07 August, make sure to:
- Set up a "future" offer with a start date of 2019-08-07T00: 01: 00 and an EndDate of your choice.
- Send this new offer feed before Wednesday 06th 12:00 (noon)
The stickers "SALE" still in place will disappear. The barred prices still in progress will become mere reductions with this new offer.
To avoid any removal of your products at the end of the sales period and if you no longer want to display a promotion on the products that were sold, make sure you have:
- Given your standard prices on the SellingPriceAmount attribute
- Completed the barred price attribute with the same price as the SellingPriceAmount
- Set up a startDate of 2019-08-07T00: 01: 00 and an EndDate at +1 year
- This setting must be sent to LaRedoute before 06/08 12:00
Once your products are updated by LaRedoute with standard prices, you can empty the Start and End Date attributes.
Happy sales with La Redoute!