1. Introduction – How to manage your Teeps feed on Lengow
This guide explains how to configure and manage your Teeps feed. Before starting to set the parameters for your feed, please note the following recommendations.
Here are the steps you need to follow to advertise your products and to retrieve your Teeps orders:
- Contact Teeps (firstname.lastname@example.org) to know if you are eligible to sell your products on their website.
- Ask Teeps for the creation of your online shop (this is essential if your products are to be advertised).
- Ask for Teeps feed creation in Lengow.
- Separate out the products that you don’t want to advertise or that don’t belong in your chosen Teeps category.
- Complete the "Field Matching" in order to match your source feed fields with the existing Teeps fields.
- Change the values of your feed source by using Automatic Rules and/or Search-Replace to adapt them to Teeps’s expectations.
- Organise your categories so that they correspond with the Teeps categories.
- Set up the options for tracking your stock (indexing frequency, alerts etc.).
- Fill in your API identifiers to enable orders retrieval.
- Manage your orders.
All these actions are detailed below.
2.Open your Teeps data feeds in Lengow
Ask for the creation of a new feed in Lengow.
Search for the title "Teeps" and select it.
Or, look in the "Marketplaces" section, "French" flag in and then select the Teeps feed.
Now let’s see how to set up a Teeps feed.
3. Set up your Teeps feed
Teeps asks merchants to use specific attributes in order to reference the products on their marketplace. You therefore need to adapt attribute values from your source feed in Lengow.
3.1 Creating a feed segmentation
Before starting to change your attributes, first you need to filter your products so that you don’t send to Teeps:
- The products that you do not wish to sell in this marketplace.
- The products in your feed that don’t match the type of products normally found in the Teeps category.
3.2 Match the fields
Teeps requires a particular feed structure depending on the category chosen.
In order to proceed with the field matching, you need to go to the page "Feed Management" then "Field matching".
Check the field matching and complete any missing information. Read the field definitions carefully and there you will find:
- The field name.
- The field definition.
- An example, if there is one.
- Whether the field is required ("Required") or optional ("Recommended" ou "Optional") . A "Required" field has to be filled in so that the product can be created or updated.
- Whether it is a free text field or whether specific attributes are required. If specific attributes are required, you will see the following message: "Valid values list can be found here". Consult the valid values for Teeps.
3.3 Set up product variations
Teeps accepts product variations. To manage your variations, fill in the following fields :
- "parent_sku" : This field must contain your parent identifiers (a common identifier for all the variations of a product). This data is obligatory if the product has variations. This field must be empty if your product does not have variations.
- "variation_type" : This field must contain the type of your variation. Here are the authorized values : "size", "color", "size,color" (if your product has color and size variations), "material" and "capacity". This data is obligatory if the product has variations. This field must be empty for parent products and if your product does not have variations.
- "variation_name" : This field must contain the name of your variation. This data is obligatory if the product has variations. This field must be empty for parent products and if your product does not have variations.
- "size" : This field must contain the size of your products. Size values are defined by Teeps. This data is mandatory if the product is varied by size.
- "color" : This field must contain the color of your products. There is no defined values for color (free text). This data is mandatory if the product is varied by color.
- "material" : This field must contain the material of your products. There is no defined values for material (free text). This data is mandatory if the product is varied by material.
- "capacity" : This field must contain the capacity of your products. Capacity values are defined by Teeps. This data is mandatory if the product is varied by capacity.
3.4 Enter attribute values for your products
The majority of attributes are optional but it is recommended to fill in a maximum of attributes so that your product pages can be the most complete possible and then more attractive.
The attribute values can be free (free text) or defined by Teeps. If specific values are required, you will see the following message "Valid values list can be found here" in the field definition in the "Field Matching" tab. In that case, refer to the list of valid values accepted by Teeps for each attribute. If values from your source feed do not correspond to the ones expected by Teeps you must adapt them by using Search-Replaces and/or Automatic Rules.
3.5 Set up your special offers / sales
Go to your Teeps backoffice > "Promouvoir" > click on "Créer une promotion" to configure special offers on Teeps.
3.6 Configure your shipping costs
The choice of delivery methods and shipping costs have to be made in your Teeps backoffice ("Réglagles" > "Livraison").
Contact your Teeps account manager to obtain more details on this.
3.7 Category mapping
In order to categorise your products on Teeps, use the Teeps taxonomy so that your categories match those of the Teeps marketplace. To carry out this mapping, go to the tab "Product Management":
- Open the Teeps taxonomy
- Search for your category in the taxonomy (press "Ctrl+F" to search for your desired key word)
- Click on the corresponding line
- Click on "SAVE"
3.8 The options tab
In the "Options" tab of your Teeps feed, check the various points and modify them if needed. For more details about this tab, consult our tutorial "Options tab".
3.9 Check the attributes in your optimised feed
To check the data sent to Teeps, consult the optimised feed. All the updates you make in Lengow are visible IMMEDIATELY (automatic rules, search/replace, matching etc.) in the optimised feed.
Comment: Check your optimised feed as often as possible to make sure that your parameters have been correctly applied to your new products.
4. Integration of your product catalogue on Teeps
4.1 Sending your product catalogue
If the data in your optimised feed is adequate and complies with the Teeps requirements, you can send your products to Teeps.
To launch the creation of your products you will have to enter the url of your optimised feed in CSV format in your Teeps backoffice ("Inventaire" >"Flux").
Contact your Teeps account manager if you need assistance on this.
4.2 Integration reportsWe advise you to contact your Teeps account manager to know if your product were correctly created.
5. Stop advertising a product
Lengow can only update the products that are present in your source feed.
In order to stop advertising a product from Teeps you have to set the quantity to 0 in Lengow (for example, either by using an Automatic Rule or in the product file).
NOTE : If the product is no longer sent to Teeps, without having set the quantity to 0, the offer will remain visible on Teeps and the latest stock information available to Teeps will be displayed.
By default, Teeps works by updating data rather than by overwriting it.
Lengow has put in place a security system that allows you to keep your products visible "virtually" when they have disappeared from your source feed. They are kept in the category "virtual products", in the "Product Management" tab. However, in order to avoid problems of over selling, make sure to keep the out of stock products in your source feed for 1 to 2 days with the quantity set to 0. This will ensure that the information about the product being unavailable is sent to Teeps.
6. Order management
6.1 Enter the API IDs
You must enter your API IDs in Lengow to retrieve your Teeps orders in Lengow. To do this, you need to go to "Feed Management" > "API login" tab and fill in the following information:
- izberg token : Authorization token. This token is provided by Teeps. It has this format: username:api_key
Remember to save by clicking on "APPLY".
6.2 Order retrieval times
Lengow retrieves orders made on Teeps website once an hour.
6.3 Order processing
1 / When a new order is placed on Teeps, it appears in Lengow in the "New Order" tab. At this stage, you can either:
Accept the order: it will then appears as waiting for shipment ("Orders waiting for shipment" tab)
Refuse the order: it will be automatically referred back to Teeps as a cancelled order. This order does not need to be dealt with; the client will be notified by Teeps that his/her command has been cancelled.
2 / When your order appears in the "Orders waiting for shipment" tab, you must prepare the order and send it to the customer. When you are ready to send the order, fill in the carrier’s details and the tracking number of the package and confirm the shipping. The order will then show in the "Orders Sent" tab.
Note: If you are using one of our modules or our web-service to import orders into your e-commerce back office, you can import the order into your back office from the "SHIPPING" status ("Orders waiting for shipment" tab). When you have deal with the order and confirmed the expedition in your back office, the order will appear automatically in the "Orders Sent" tab in Lengow.
3 / Once your order is in the "Orders Sent" tab, we inform Teeps that the order has been sent to the customer. Teeps then informs the customer that the order has been sent.
6.3 Cancellation of an order
To cancel an order after the first acceptance stage, you must contact your Teeps account manager.